Let's see your C&C Drums

Thunder 42

Silver Member
Let's see yours! Thought it would be good to see and hear more about your C&C kits and snares.

My Player Date I set, Big Beat configuration, Honey Lacquer finish:

14x22
15x16
14x14 (on order)
8x13
6.5x14

BB bearing edges, luan mahogany ply - great vintage sound and a great deal of fun to play. Handmade in Gladstone, Missouri, with exceptionally high quality, craftsmanship, and overall attention to detail. WMP inlay on bass drum hoops. Have not played another set since she arrived.

Attachments

• 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,084
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,492
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,278
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,272
Last edited:
Beautiful kit you have there!
I have a C&C snare that I custom ordered and they did a terrific job with it.
David Conarroe was a pleasure to work with and made the process very easy.
14 x 7.5 maple/poplar/maple with their "Los Angeles" bearing edges and S-hoops.
C&C snare drum-outside pics-7.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous kit, Thunder. And I love the paneling and even the rug!
(and the Crav's not too shabby!)

Gorgeous kit, Thunder. And I love the paneling and even the rug!
(and the Crav's not too shabby!)
LOL! Thanks, man. My home within my home. Some day soon that wall will be a display...

Jeremy, thanks, great looking snare! C&C is great - combined with Chicago Drum Exchange they really have delivered for me.

Dudes and Duddettes of DW, where are all the C&C drums??!!

Beautiful kit you have there!
I have a C&C snare that I custom ordered and they did a terrific job with it. David Conarroe was a pleasure to work with and made the entire process very easy for me.
It's 14x7.5 maple/poplar/maple with their "Los Angeles" bearing edges with S-hoops.
attachment.php

Jeremy, that is an absolutely beautiful snare. How does she sound?

Vintage Old School, can you post a pic of the the drum...sounds really cool?

Vintage Old School, can you post a pic of the the drum...sounds really cool?

Thunder 42, are you referring to Jeremy's snare drum (the custom 14 X 7.5" C & C)?

sorry, right - first read thought you picked one up too. That is a nice snare.

Indeed.

By the way, Thunder, you have a killer kit. It just oozes vintage vibe.

Thanks guys. Would be cool to see other's drums here too.

V.O.S - The snare can be tuned down to be solid and fat sounding but when cranked higher it's sensitive for it's size. The depth gives the drum a nice amount of volume when laid into.
Their Los Angeles bearing edge gives the drum good projection/volume.
Sonically it's very similar to this drum.

Last edited:
Here's my (new to me) C&C's. Bought used this past spring. I'll admit, they weren't on my radar when I was first looking for a new kit but I couldn't be happier.

Attachments

• C and C.jpg
    C and C.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,614
  • C&C drivers seat.jpg
    C&C drivers seat.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 1,157
Here's my (new to me) C&C's. Bought used this past spring. I'll admit, they weren't on my radar when I was first looking for a new kit but I couldn't be happier.

Those are really beautiful !! Love the color. I like the shorter tension rods as opposed to the more vintage looking kit, but that's just personal preference.

This is a 2012 12th & Vine C&C kit in navy blue sparkle lacquer. The hoops are aged maple with the navy blue sparkle lacquer inlay. I apologize for the crappy phone pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,051
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,112
Love the wood hoops! Have to say, that's one thing I've never had is a kit with wood hoops. Came close to grabbing an Ayotte awhile ago but....

Very nice!

Thunder, are you going to set up the 13/14/16 together? Do you plan on tuning the 13 up almost like it's a 12?
Redbeard, Yes. The 14x14" came a few weeks ago, I tuned the 13" up an 1/8th of a turn and the 14" FT fit right in. It still sounds like a 13" - these drums sound so good tuned low. Played with head selection a bit on the new 14' tom to dampen a bit more ring - settled with a Vintage Emperor batter and Vintage Ambassador reso, but I have them where I want them now and they sound amazing.

Back