Lets see this years Christmas gifts...

gdmoore28

Gold Member
I treated myself to a new Pork Pie throne this year. Its about time after using the same Pearl throne since 1985. I scored a 20% off coupon at Guitar center and only paid 152 bucks for this normally 190. What did everyone else get??
You will love that throne. Merry Christmas!

By the way, the throne says "Made by an American," but what does that little gold sticker on the rubber foot say?

GeeDeeEmm

no talent

You will love that throne. Merry Christmas!

By the way, the throne says "Made by an American," but what does that little gold sticker on the rubber foot say?

GeeDeeEmm
it is so nice, ive been sitting on it in front of the TV and cant wait till tomorrows gig to try it out.
that little sticker says Made in Taiwan!!! i know its just the base but i thought it was funny coming from a company that expresses american made.

gdmoore28

Gold Member
it is so nice, ive been sitting on it in front of the TV and cant wait till tomorrows gig to try it out.
that little sticker says Made in Taiwan!!! i know its just the base but i thought it was funny coming from a company that expresses american made.
Yeah, Bill's referring to the seat itself being made by an American. It's just funny that we still talk about "American Made" drums, when only the shells are made here. All the hard parts (except with a very few "boutique" companies) are made in Asia.

But that's a great seat. You'll love it.

GeeDeeEmm

alparrott

Platinum Member
My gift was a bit early this year: A Yamaha DTX Multi-12 with stand, kick tower/pedal, hi-hat controller and a spare throne, plus a bunch of new sticks. Since it arrived early, I've been able to use it in all the Christmas music at church. The pastor was pleasantly surprised to have sleigh bells with "Joy To The World" this year.

Attachments

porter

Platinum Member
Those are great for churches, Al. A couple weeks ago I put a glockenspiel part on my toms with the church's Roland kit. The tamborine and shaker pads get lots of use too.

alparrott

Platinum Member
Those are great for churches, Al. A couple weeks ago I put a glockenspiel part on my toms with the church's Roland kit. The tamborine and shaker pads get lots of use too.
Yeah, I've been using it quite a bit. I did some ambient, Middle East-inspired percussion for special presentations of "O Come Emmanuel" and"Silent Night". But I expect to really use the heck out of it if I get the call for the theater gig this coming summer.

konaboy

Pioneer Member
Got some new heads for my DW kit :) I think I'm one of the few who like the feel and sound of the DW stock clear batter drum heads.

lefty2

Platinum Member
This was totally unexpected. I was planning on getting something like this after Christmas when my funds allowed it. It will be my first dip into any type of E drumming. I wanted one of these to trigger my kick and play heel toe. Then with the pads I'll have options for all kinds of sounds. I have a small PA, now I just need a trigger, and a SD card. My kids got this for me. My son is a drummer also so he knew I was talking about it on the here. I'm stoked.

[/URL][/IMG]

Red Menace

Platinum Member
IMG_20151225_151141~2.jpg

This was a gift from my in laws, great stuff. I love older instruction books, plus
this one is in English and Spanish and it's from the 50's.

I also scored an Amazon GC, not the hunt for cheap stick begins. Damn, when did they get so damn expensive!?

bonerpizza

Silver Member
I don't have a picture of it BUT I bought myself a 19" Sabian AAX X-Plosion crash yesterday and I got Space Jam on DVD from my 9 year old cousin, best Christmas ever!?