Legless snare stand

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
I've thought about these forever. Anyone at all use or has seen these (gibralter) stands in use?. The leg freedom would be great. I never hear talk of them which is odd.

This was one of my old set-ups (not Gibraltar)
Pro's- easier to do the vacuuming/ looks "neater"
Con's- bit of a mission whenver you want to adjust snare position

IMG_1045.JPG

Nevermind. Saw snare and thought hi hat. Early signs of dementia?

Last edited:
Not entirely 'legless' but mine is 'tripod less' as part of my stealth rack. Don't think I'd trust the fully floating version......

Attachments

• IMG_3307.JPG
    IMG_3307.JPG
    511.4 KB · Views: 22
I've thought about these forever. Anyone at all use or has seen these (gibralter) stands in use?. The leg freedom would be great. I never hear talk of them which is odd.
As with their adjustable top universal joint hi-hat and cymbal stands, and the semi-circular over-the-bass-drum rack they came out with a year or two ago, Gibraltar has had a "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks" approach to hardware for many years. That's a design brainstorm meeting that I'd love to be in, if only for the secondhand smoke high...

I also use a Stealth rack, though it's more for the ability to have toms offset but very close to the bass drum. The extra footroom around the snare drum side of the rack is just a fringe benefit.

I have one and love it. Creates extra foot space, and also makes the snare position consistent every setup without any thought since it's attached to the rack.

Attachments

• 20210911_150708.jpg
    20210911_150708.jpg
    665.8 KB · Views: 20
*Edit: Apparently not reading the OP's post carefully enough results in me posting irrelevant responses.

Carry on.

Last edited:
Why do they call the one-leg a no leg?
Ok the one posted is a one leg but Gibraltar has also one that is flowing because an arm comes from tbe rack towards you and you just put your snare on it...

Ok the one posted is a one leg but Gibraltar has also one that is flowing because an arm comes from tbe rack towards you and you just put your snare on it...
Yes, that's what I'd call no-leg, but they call the one-leg no leg. I was thinking about both, but couldn't find the floating one, and was also worried about crosstalk on an e-kit from a big snare, so I ended up with 3 legs. They all had the same ultra adjust basket, which is great. I wonder if you could interchange the no-leg (1) and floating (0) ones, I don't see much difference, only a rubber foot and extra clamps.

Not entirely 'legless' but mine is 'tripod less' as part of my stealth rack. Don't think I'd trust the fully floating version......
Do you like it?
Considering the stealth option now. would like to get rid of the rack.

Yes, that's what I'd call no-leg, but they call the one-leg no leg. I was thinking about both, but couldn't find the floating one, and was also worried about crosstalk on an e-kit from a big snare, so I ended up with 3 legs. They all had the same ultra adjust basket, which is great. I wonder if you could interchange the no-leg (1) and floating (0) ones, I don't see much difference, only a rubber foot and extra clamps.
I think I have seen the no leg/floating one when you check the videos Brent's hang.

Great idea - save the weight of a snare stand and just bring a tower crane to hold that Bell Brass snare! :cool:
There's also the option to mount the snare on the hi hat stand.

Back