Learning so much, My Drum Cover of Knocking on Heavens Door

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
I've managed to get to the settings on the Focusrite 18i20 and the Presonus Studio One 2 to the point where I have no clipping and I purchased a set of KRK Rokit 5s to help with the mix down. Seems Logitech speakers really were not useful during this process.

After doing this for 2 weeks I don't know what I like better, the fact that I can review what I play to see where I need improvement or that I can loop specific areas to help me work on my fills.

The first time I recorded this song the drums were way over the top too busy. Being able to review my session allowed me to adjust and better play to the song. I scaled back a lot on the fills and I'm happy with what was learned. This session has a few mistakes ( I can live with it) but playing less is not as easy as it sounds. Anyway I wanted to share and as always all input is much appreciated.

Knocking on Heavens Door

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
Good sound here. Those cymbals sound fantastic. All 2002 I assume ?
Thank you and yes, all 2002s. I had this cymbal set up back in the 80s. When I returned to playing (off for 15 years) I tried different cymbals, all with good experience but I always found myself thinking about that Paiste sound. At 51 years of age I now realize what they mean when they say Paiste 2002s have a very consistent sound. These were a Christmas gift to myself last year and as soon as I set them up it was like going back in time. For my taste the cymbal of choice.