LDS - An influential show...

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
I went to the London Drum Show with my Daughter Emma this year, it was her first time, but certainly not her last.

She loved every minutes of this long weekend, from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening, she was so disappointed when the show was over.

The good thing is that the LDS has inspired Emma to start drumming, I'm pleased to announce that she bought an E kit which is being delivered today, she lived in terraced house in a busy town centre, so for the noise related problem with her neighbours, it seems the best choice for now.

I gave her a handful of exercises and advices to get her started.

Thank you all for supporting Emma at the LDS, you know who you are :)

Emma with one of her idol, Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason :)

Attachments

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
That's great news Henri! Emma genuinely seemed to enjoy the show, & arriving as a "non drummer", that's something! I can think of one other person who will be lining up to give her lessons too ;) ;) ;)

Nick's looking his usual cheerful self :) (JK, he's actually a great guy to talk to)

Magenta

Platinum Member
What a Result!

Henri, when you bring Emma to meet/ride the horses - which I hope will be soon - she can have a go on Mabel if she likes :)

Juniper

Gold Member
Good stuff Henri,

Way better pastime than a Playstation....speaking as an Xbox owner.

Right on

opentune

Platinum Member
Cool Henri, and what an Intro to drumming for her by meeting Nick Mason!

I'm curious, she must have been exposed to drums/drumming in your house as a kid. Has she never shown any interest in your drumming before this show?

(Nick does look grumpy, but his autobio is so hilarious I can't ever picture him grumpy)

Mad About Drums

Pollyanna's Agent
Emma genuinely seemed to enjoy the show...
"Enjoy" is an understatment :)

I can think of one other person who will be lining up to give her lessons too ;) ;) ;)
That's cool, it will make her practice her German as well :)

Henri, when you bring Emma to meet/ride the horses - which I hope will be soon - she can have a go on Mabel if she likes :)
Yes, I hope it will be soon :)

Emma will be delighted to try Mabel, I'm sure...

Way better pastime than a Playstation....speaking as an Xbox owner.
Indeed, if she spend as much time on the drums as she did on the Playstation, she'll be quite good in no time :)

Cool Henri, and what an Intro to drumming for her by meeting Nick Mason!
Yes, we were having a tobacco break just outside the LDS and I said "Oh, look Emma, there's Nick Mason"... and she went "Oh my God, let's go back in quick"

I'm curious, she must have been exposed to drums/drumming in your house as a kid. Has she never shown any interest in your drumming before this show?
Yes, she had show some interest a few years back, but the flame was very little, obviously I'm not as influential as Keith Carlock, Chris Johnson, Michele Drees, Nicolas Viccaro, Liam or David Floegel, just to name a few.

This time 'round, she seems pretty determined, only time will tell (pun intended)

When I first read the title of the OP I thought it was about Mormons.
I thought it was a musical about Timothy O'Leary for dyslexics.
Oh c'mon AZ & JJ... it's pretty obvious that this thread's about Nick Mason's buttons on his jacket... this guy has a huge sense of humour :)

Last edited: