Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

I currently have a Bosch dishwasher, and I love it.

I had a Bosch clothes washer, and I didn't love it

The oven that was in my house when I first got it in 1997 was a General Motors oven lol.

My latest non-drum purchase:

93704867-FD49-441F-8EE4-E6B5EE062A16.jpeg

I hope it’s worthy. If installation & hookup go as planned, I’ll report back with an update.

My main concern with Starlink is that it will suffer from the same problems of overuse and high cost that all other satellite internet services do.
It’s been in beta ever since they launched the first satellite. The final functionality Starlink is unknown.

Non-drum stuff lately has been all guitar related- a neck and bridge for an experimental project, a pedal board with power supply and a couple pedals, strings, a new pickup for the Strat, and a Les Paul Guitar shaped object I'm enjoying very much. :)

I do really want a drill press...

my last "large" non drum purchase...

taco2.jpg

Taco1.jpg

the first piece of the "retirement travel headquarters" puzzle; hopefully the last vehicle I ever buy

A used 2015 Corolla for my kid going off to college has 79k miles on it. Friend of mine was a service advisor for years, told me he sees these things come in with 200k miles on them only needing an oil change (if they were maintained properly). Saw some with 300k miles still running well too! Yep, I'm broke now...

new-2015-toyota-corolla-l_id117822941_o.jpg

Last edited:
Used 2015 Corolla for my kid going off to college has 79k miles on it. Friend of mine was a service advisor for years told me he sees these things come in with 200k miles on them only needing an oil change if they were maintained properly. Saw some with 300k miles still running well too! Yep, I'm broke now...

View attachment 106015

my freind still proudly drives his 93 Corolla...which has been used by both kids as their cars as well...it is a tank!

I’ve always been interested in watches, but only recently (within the past few years) started really getting into them and diving down the rabbit hole. For the uninitiated, that’s one REALLY big rabbit hole!

Anyway, I bought my first automatic,* a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic, about 2.5 years ago. While it’s nice, it’s really more of an entry level automatic, and I’ve been wanting to get into a slightly higher end auto—especially one with a chronograph function. But they can get really pricey—I’m talking many thousands of dollars—so I’ve been holding out until I could find one I really liked for about the price of a new Renown or less. And last weekend, I found one and pulled the trigger!

It’s an Oris Artix GT, which I found new (from a reputable dealer) for about 1/3 the price they normally sell for. So I bought it, and now I’m just waiting for it to arrive. I’ve always liked Oris watches, and while they don’t have as much brand recognition among non-enthusiasts, they are a very well respected horological brand. Probably equivalent to Longines or Tag Heuer.

Can’t wait for it to arrive!

39F513EF-D174-41E2-878F-8BFC99BF5ADC.jpeg

B9D0D506-6519-49EB-8002-C3088891AA4A.jpeg

*For those who don’t know about watches, an “automatic“ watch uses a fully mechanical self-winding movement. It’s completely spring driven, so no battery like a quartz watch, and incorporates an offset rotor that rotates—and winds the mainspring—as you move your wrist. Nearly all high-end watches, such as Rolex, IWC, Omega, Breitling, Patek Philippe, etc., use either an automatic or a hand-wound movement (another type of fully mechanical movement, but one you have to wind by hand).

Back