Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Do all your panels have a 4” depth? Did you consider 6” depth?

All my panels have a wooden frame depth of 3.5 inches (1 X 4s). That leaves room for 1.5 inch (1 X 2) cross pieces mounted above the 703 to keep the sides from bowing in when under pressure from pulling the fabric tight on all sides. I only used a single sheet of 2" thick insulation in each panel as I was only trying to tame some of the cymbal frequencies. I'm not an acoustic expert but from what I've been told 4" depth of 703 would start to affect mids and possibly upper bass. 6 inches (or more) of 703 would be really aggressive sound absorption better suited for bass traps. I have an 8-foot tall ceiling in a 160 square foot room so the cloud over my kit hangs 4 inches from the ceiling to the top of the panel. That leaves me plenty of room for my overhead mics not being too low over the kit and the single sheet of 703 should remove any wonky frequencies from the cymbals that would otherwise be bouncing back into the mics from the ceiling.

I am dangerously close to ordering either a Schecter PT special or a Fender J mascis blue sparkle Tele. I'm gonna learn to play guitar if it kills me. If anyone should have an opinion on either of these teles holler.

I am dangerously close to ordering either a Schecter PT special or a Fender J mascis blue sparkle Tele. I'm gonna learn to play guitar if it kills me. If anyone should have an opinion on either of these teles holler.
I like the blue glitter but prefer the setup of the Schecter.

I just ordered (hasn't arrived yet) an ergonomic, left handed mouse.
I'm right handed but I'm getting a bit of rsi from using my mouse a lot, so I figure I can develope my ambidexterity while relieving some strain on my right.

new (to me) phone for myself.....huawei p40 lite. well, it*would* be a new (to me) phone for myself if i hadnt gone through the whole buying process and actually bothered to read what network it was locked to (its locked to a different network than what im on)!!!!! im a derphead!!!!!!!!!

*EDIT*

got the original order cancelled, and got a unlocked model on order instead :)

61RqWH5lzGL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Last edited:
Can you elaborate further?
Those things are awesome. They allow you to hang a picture with wire instead of those toothed metal tabs that most frames come with. You can either attach the wire to the back of the picture, or the wall itself. I used a heavy duty one to hang a large mirror with.

I recently traded away a Fender Blues Deluxe amp and a Gretsch 2622 for a Fender Vintera 70s Jazz bass. And just this afternoon its brother, a Fender Player Precision arrived.

Here are the Brothers, Fender:

FenderBrothers01.jpgFenderBrothers05.jpgFJ_01.jpgFP_06.jpg

Bass GAS has abated.

Some books: Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen and Finding the Mother Tree by Suzanne Simard.

I've never owned a Schecter, but always like their looks and feel. I liked my Fender tele ONLY after I put a Seymour Duncan stacked bucker in the bridge. I'm not familiar with the J Mascis.

So I looked at an article you may enjoy. OR, you may want to kick me in the knee after, I dunno. :rolleyes:

I personally, would go for a humbucker or mini humbucker in the neck. Or just go straight P90s instead of singles. I just swapped in Wilkinson P90s in a Epi Les Paul Special I picked up for a bill. Sounds SO much better than those stock Epiphone pickups. Sorry, rambling.

And to participate in the thread, I purchased some used 58/15s humbuckers for my PRS SE. I believe they are out of an American made S2?? I considered Seymour Duncans, Porter Gatekeepers, a guy on Ebay makes some really wicked hand wound humbuckers according to the reviews I found online. But, in the end, I wanted to keep the PRS sound. To be honest, the former owner was a sweaty bastard. The old pickups have a little rust here and there. The bridge's finish is 1/2 gone. I'll be dressing it up a little.

Also grabbed a custom wiring harness for the PRS from https://gunstreetwiringshop.com/ Sean is meticulous from what I can see from the first harness I bought from them. I'm adding a push/pull tone pot for coil splitting. Just, having fun.

Cheers

Last edited:
jsut got a couple of these on ebay, some lewitt MTP 240 DM vocal mics.

i do sound engineering as a side job, and the house mics are in terrible condition, so combined with the mics i already have, i can now do full drums & multiple vocals for a band/artist now.

the mics have switches on them, but what im going to do is flip the switches to the on position then tape over them so they dont get switched off by drunken artists/by mistake.

s-l500.jpg

Bunch of outdoor stuff.

Jerven Fjellduk w/tent kit
Carinthia M05 sleeping bag
Carinthia Down 1000 sleeping bag
Carinthia Tactical Poncho
Reindeer hide sit pad
LiteFighter 1 tent
LiteFighter Recondo hammock
8p tipi
5p tipi
Z Lite mat
Knives by Hand 12" khukri
2 titanium lunch boxes and chopsticks
2 Silky Outback Series Pocket Boys

and

Hot Ones Season 16 collection

Last edited:
I am saving for a tonneau cover and KDMAX tune for my Tacoma...starting the prep for camping season this summer

Back