Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Bozozoid

A salt water swim spa!

Super excited - it’s got a good size (8 x 14) and the kids will love the swimming jets.

Unfortunately it will take a while to get here given the supply shortages but we should hopefully get it in time for spring 2022 🤞
Kids will love the swimming jets?..guaranteed..as will the neighborhood kids once they are invited over at school...good luck and patients.

Yamaha Rider

You just have to be a meber at a club and shoot regularly for 6 months here. Then you take another course to shoot anything over .22.

Carrying anything here is not an option, so both guns and knives fall into the category of "if I was an Amercian." You can bring the gun to and from the range and to dispatch game in traps and snares. That's it. For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do. I feel pretty safe where I live, so it doesn't really matter here much, but it's a little bit late to start learning when it's suddenly needed and it's a good social hobby, as well.

Everything's been closed down since the pandemic started, though. They just opened for those who have their own guns which I don't since I wanted to wait until I could get a 9 mm and also get a locker what was big enough for other stuff and legal without bolting it down since I tend to move a lot.
"For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do"
In the UK - no hand guns/ military type rifles - full stop.
We do have shotguns/ hunting rifles - and just had a mass-shooting in Plymouth, but it was the 1st in about 7 years.
Even our Islamic terrorists can't get hold of firearms.
Edit: 12 years ago - not 7.

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
"For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do"
In the UK - no hand guns/ military type rifles - full stop.
We do have shotguns/ hunting rifles - and just had a mass-shooting in Plymouth, but it was the 1st in about 7 years.
Even our Islamic terrorists can't get hold of firearms.
What about ammo? Does that require special paperwork or anything?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
So any updates?
Yeah I'm doing great arthritis pain-hands, ankles, knees stellar but my right hip is still bothering me-but it feels like some muscular stuff going on with it too. I think brain wise I'm feeling sharper oddly enough. My recall seems to be improving. But way reduced stiffness and pain in hands, knees, and ankles. My wife is trying Relief factor and initially it did seem to improve her pain and she was able to sleep better but it hasn't lasted and she just cancelled. The Boron kicked in within a week it seemed-definitely two weeks and has maintained. I'm curious of neuro studies-I found some reference to improvement in brain and heart but I'd like to read papers.

Bozozoid

Yeah I'm doing great arthritis pain-hands, ankles, knees stellar but my right hip is still bothering me-but it feels like some muscular stuff going on with it too. I think brain wise I'm feeling sharper oddly enough. My recall seems to be improving. But way reduced stiffness and pain in hands, knees, and ankles. My wife is trying Relief factor and initially it did seem to improve her pain and she was able to sleep better but it hasn't lasted and she just cancelled. The Boron kicked in within a week it seemed-definitely two weeks and has maintained. I'm curious of neuro studies-I found some reference to improvement in brain and heart but I'd like to read papers.
A month ago I developed this hip pain on my left side that intensified at night. I tried every pain relief pill on the market and was within minutes of ordering Relief Factor. I was also using cbd roll on. For no reason whatsoever I purchased shoe inserts from shophq called comfy walk. The second day the pain was gone!...never came back. I was considering a chiropractor for a possible pinched nerve also but....happy ending. Have you thought about legalized marijuana? or cbd?.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
In a "Captain Obvious" moment it dawns on me that we haven't had waffles at our house for over 15 years. I thought my wife had simply grown tired of them. I overheard her telling our oldest daughter that our old waffle maker went on the fritz, she tossed it and forgot to ever mention it to me. Well say no more . . . . .

WaffleMaker.jpg

cbphoto

Gold Member
In a "Captain Obvious" moment it dawns on me that we haven't had waffles at our house for over 15 years. I thought my wife had simply grown tired of them. I overheard her telling our oldest daughter that our old waffle maker went on the fritz, she tossed it and forgot to ever mention it to me. Well say no more . . . . .

View attachment 108051
Very spiffy!
Please let us waffle-lovers know if it’s worthy.

Bozozoid

View attachment 108051
Can I get a waufell my good fellow with a splash of syrup..whipped cream and glazed strawberrys. Oh..and a gloss of braundy on ice please.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Very spiffy!

I'll let you know when we do our first family shakedown meal with Chicken and Waffles.

I honestly wanted to buy a cheaper waffle maker, but most of the name brands had very poor ratings ranging from "fell apart in two months" to "not the same build quality for this brand name from older prior model" to "inconsistent cooking temperature" with pictures of waffles barely cooked on the edges and totally burnt to a crisp in the middle.

The particular model we purchased had more than 9,500 5-Star reviews. I'm prone to "buy once--cry once" if I can get 15 to 20 years or more life span out of an appliance or a piece of gear.

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Very spiffy!

As promised here's my unbiased initial impression. We took our new waffle maker on it's maiden voyage tonight making Chicken & Waffles. Out of the box it was great! But as a disclaimer that's coming from a man who hasn't had a waffle in over 15 years, so you may want to take that into consideration. Just be sure to lightly apply oil to the cooking surfaces before pouring in the batter, level the batter quickly with a spatula and you get fantastic evenly cooked waffles. You may need to experiment with the color knob for Light to Dark coloration, but it's definitely a keeper. If you have a family of three or more, the price of the unit is more than justified by making two waffles at a time. If you have a family of four you can start with everyone having half a waffle while the next two waffles are cooking and so on. My wife really, really likes this waffle maker. She never would have spent this sort of money for one (her mother was a renown home economist that every manufacturer of kitchen ovens, blenders and cookware would send their prototypes to for her exhaustive critique of the good, bad and the ugly. Most manufacturers would gift her the prototype or the final version released to their consumer base. When my wife and I married my mother-in-law outfitted our kitchen with all sorts of things we as newlyweds could never have afforded, so my wife has essentially been given high quality cooking items for free) but I don't mind pampering her one bit. She is genuinely excited about it. If I can talk her into getting a Plancha (Cuban Sandwich Press) there just might be a food truck in our future. Naw, just kidding. I can live vicariously watching Chef on Netflix.

dwsabianguy

Had to get tubes for the SVT again... this time I needed to replace the horribly microphonic 6C4 tube. Of course, microphonic means that the tube turns physical vibration into sound, and since the amp is on top of the cabinet, it turned the whole thing into a fuzzy rattly mess.

I've got six coming from TubeDepot today. Hopefully at least one of them is nice and quiet.

UPDATE: First tube I put in there is perfect. No microphonics, no distortion, just big clean bold classic Ampeg bass tones. Amp is back to its usual phenomenal self!

Last edited:

Mediocrefunkybeat

Platinum Member
What about ammo? Does that require special paperwork or anything?
It has to be stored separately from the firearm or in a separately locked cabinet in a secured gun locker. Which usually have to be bolted to the wall or at least sufficiently heavy enough to be practically immobile. And will be inspected before you're eligible to store the firearms and ammunition there and whenever else the Police feel like it.

someguy01

A new rug.
rug.jpg
No, it's not for the drums, so certainly a non-percussion purchase.

cbphoto

Gold Member
New home network using Ubiquiti gear (router, switches, access points). They have an excellent back end for setting up and maintaining the network, and the ability to prohibit smart appliances from sending usage data to unknown recipients. @Supergrobi would appreciate it.

8CB2A4B9-7DFE-417E-8F98-2CA331E1730D.jpegDE79375A-89FA-4440-BB4F-24BA0ACE906C.jpeg

cbphoto

Gold Member
Sorry dude, couldn't resist 🤡
In my product research, I *did* consider cable organizers, but I’m just not that anal-retentive. Plus, it was my first time making ethernet cables (bulk wire, RJ45 connectors, etc.) and running wires into attic and basement, and checking continuity. Cable chaos was in my ethos.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The cold blast back in February laughed at our heaters and called me a bitch. Sub-zero temperatures is not something that happens here often. Below freezing, sometimes. Below zero, almost never.

Lesson learned:
20210922_120055.jpg
This is:
(3) 72" baseboard heaters
(3) 48" baseboard heaters
(1) 30" baseboard heater
(4) double pole thermostats
(1) 250' roll 12/2 AWG
(1) 100' roll 10/2 AWG
(1) 30 amp double pole breaker

All I have left to buy is (3) 20 amp double pole breakers.

This will give me 27,310 BTUs of heat. Up yours old man winter.