Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

Mr Farkle

Men’s Bamboo Boxers. Not the best or most exciting purchase.

Last edited:

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Ahh ok. I actually got a BB version too. And I feel you on that. Took 4 months to get a permit (usually supposed to take 2 weeks) here in the US.

You just have to be a meber at a club and shoot regularly for 6 months here. Then you take another course to shoot anything over .22.

Carrying anything here is not an option, so both guns and knives fall into the category of "if I was an Amercian." You can bring the gun to and from the range and to dispatch game in traps and snares. That's it. For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do. I feel pretty safe where I live, so it doesn't really matter here much, but it's a little bit late to start learning when it's suddenly needed and it's a good social hobby, as well.

Everything's been closed down since the pandemic started, though. They just opened for those who have their own guns which I don't since I wanted to wait until I could get a 9 mm and also get a locker what was big enough for other stuff and legal without bolting it down since I tend to move a lot.

Drum Mer

Platinum Member
A new vehicle.

B5934B75-81D9-4204-B20E-2A6C8268EBBF.jpegB04BB05C-2A6E-42FC-8875-28E815C3AE21.jpeg98D6A6BE-A41A-4FDF-A768-C63B8190D81C.jpeg

Bought as an ocassion, this is a fullly electric two seat car.

It can drive on roads, bike lanes, and the side walk.

Its licence free, has allowance for free parking everywhere, has a parking camera, electric windows, cooling /heating, central lock, alarm, gps if lost/stolen, a stereo system, and it fits a set with a max 18” kick.

And it costs less then 400 bucks a year for insurance and a full charge.

I’m a more then happy camper.

drumnut87

Silver Member
thought i'd treat myself :) got the dior 'sauvage' fragrance range :) first new fragrance ive bought for two years ( i usually stuck to swapping between diesel only the brave 'street' and lacoste blanc 'pure') :)

sauvage.jpg

cbphoto

Diamond Member
Bought as an ocassion, this is a fullly electric two seat car.

It can drive on roads, bike lanes, and the side walk.

Its licence free, has allowance for free parking everywhere, has a parking camera, electric windows, cooling /heating, central lock, alarm, gps if lost/stolen, a stereo system, and it fits a set with a max 18” kick.

And it costs less then 400 bucks a year for insurance and a full charge.

I’m a more then happy camper.
Very cool. What’s its single-charge kilometer range?
How does the radio sound? (Without luggage)

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Is an almost purchase applicable?. A 1977 mg midget for 4800. I'm no car enthusiast...its just kinda cool..i was considering another motorcycle but you can't ride them in the rain. I also thought listening to Billy Cobhams quadrant4 going through town wearing dark shades pretty much says...ya...im cool. Any car guys here that can say buy or don't buy?.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Is an almost purchase applicable?. A 1977 mg midget for 4800. I'm no car enthusiast...its just kinda cool..i was considering another motorcycle but you can't ride them in the rain. I also thought listening to Billy Cobhams quadrant4 going through town wearing dark shades pretty much says...ya...im cool. Any car guys here that can say buy or don't buy?.
Pics? Condition? Running? Original? How's the top? Do you fit in it?

Even better question, do you enjoy working on vehicles? You will be with an MG.

I agree they are cool. Too slow for my tastes, but definitely cool.

Read this:

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Pics? Condition? Running? Original? How's the top? Do you fit in it?

Even better question, do you enjoy working on vehicles? You will be with an MG.

I agree they are cool. Too slow for my tastes, but definitely cool.

Read this:
I just saw it yesterday at an inside vintage car display at an antique mall. Condition?..average. I do NOT like wrenching on cars. The lady started it up for me..runs smooth. The top was down but appeared mmm ok. No dents no rust. Repainted?..possibly. Needs new tires. I fit it nicely at 5' 9. I only have a one car garage so storing will be a hassle.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I do NOT like wrenching on cars.
I only have a one car garage so storing will be a hassle.
These 2 things make me think no. You will have to work on it at some point. Being that its collectible you will also want to keep it in the garage. Parts might be hard to find also. Even things like tires. If it runs on 13s, those might be harder to find as tires are much larger now.

I'd be willing to bet you could get that same open aired feeling of coolness from a Miata. Or a Mustang. Or an Eclipse.

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Well?...shit. I was getting a bit excited as I usually do..im Mr. impulse with to many things..ya..drums to. I do like listening to other view points to keep my impulse balanced...in check if you will. At 4800$ it's not ridiculous but pricey for a fair weather toy. I had a 71 Mach1 that I loved..traction bars..451 Cleveland..cragers..posi traction etc but I couldn't wait to park it after clutching all afternoon and get into my Murano. The fantasy of being Mr. Cool is fading.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Well?...shit. I was getting a bit excited as I usually do..im Mr. impulse with to many things..ya..drums to. I do like listening to other view points to keep my impulse balanced...in check if you will. At 4800$ it's not ridiculous but pricey for a fair weather toy. I had a 71 Mach1 that I loved..traction bars..451 Cleveland..cragers..posi traction etc but I couldn't wait to park it after clutching all afternoon and get into my Murano. The fantasy of being Mr. Cool is fading.
Dont let me stop you. Get on some MG boards and dig around. It might be a fantastic investment.

Bozozoid

Gold Member
Dont let me stop you. Get on some MG boards and dig around. It might be a fantastic investment.
Good idea on the MG board. This forum is so great for so many things. I am one that acts impulsively and has had buyers remorse ALOT. I can't tell you how many times id come home major buzzed (years ago) getting on ebay having a bidding war on snaredrums...a bidding WAR. I'd wake up thinking whoa! Happy hour?..whats so happy about it getting on the computer to hear..YOUVE GOT MAIL!..and I'm thinking F---!. The responses I've got actually make me stand back and think about reasoning from normal people and seeing my split personality self in a better lite. I'm weighing this out now. Thank this forum for threads like this. I'd never have created an M.G. thread.

Hewitt2

A salt water swim spa!

Super excited - it’s got a good size (8 x 14) and the kids will love the swimming jets.

Unfortunately it will take a while to get here given the supply shortages but we should hopefully get it in time for spring 2022 🤞

Attachments

• 65BB1B2F-165D-4C2C-BB83-B640D7460ED9.jpeg
    65BB1B2F-165D-4C2C-BB83-B640D7460ED9.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 7

Bozozoid

Gold Member
A salt water swim spa!

Super excited - it’s got a good size (8 x 14) and the kids will love the swimming jets.

Unfortunately it will take a while to get here given the supply shortages but we should hopefully get it in time for spring 2022 🤞
Kids will love the swimming jets?..guaranteed..as will the neighborhood kids once they are invited over at school...good luck and patients.

Yamaha Rider

Gold Member
You just have to be a meber at a club and shoot regularly for 6 months here. Then you take another course to shoot anything over .22.

Carrying anything here is not an option, so both guns and knives fall into the category of "if I was an Amercian." You can bring the gun to and from the range and to dispatch game in traps and snares. That's it. For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do. I feel pretty safe where I live, so it doesn't really matter here much, but it's a little bit late to start learning when it's suddenly needed and it's a good social hobby, as well.

Everything's been closed down since the pandemic started, though. They just opened for those who have their own guns which I don't since I wanted to wait until I could get a 9 mm and also get a locker what was big enough for other stuff and legal without bolting it down since I tend to move a lot.
"For protection inside your on own home you can obviously do what you have to do"
In the UK - no hand guns/ military type rifles - full stop.
We do have shotguns/ hunting rifles - and just had a mass-shooting in Plymouth, but it was the 1st in about 7 years.
Even our Islamic terrorists can't get hold of firearms.
Edit: 12 years ago - not 7.

Last edited: