Latest Purchase...Non-percussion

GretschedHive

Gold Member
Well, I noticed this morning that Zildjian 16” K Sweet crashes seemed to be on sale for the sweet price of $219.95 new. So I was thinking that was going to be my new percussion purchase.
And then the plumbing went out. For almost the entire house. On Thanksgiving.
So instead I spent almost the exact same amount to get two hotel rooms for the night.
And will have to shell out who knows how much tomorrow for a plumber, if I can even get one tomorrow.
I’d really much, much, much rather have had the cymbal.
0BB552D7-50BF-4EAB-904E-BE577BA26EEB.jpeg

Jeremy Crockett

My last post for things with strings. A couple of months ago I sold my Fender Vintera 70s Jazz bass and I almost immediately regretted it. Of course, I started looking for its replacement, and Amazon, knowing my weakness, eventually obliged with a Fender Player JB. Same Sunburst color, a different (maple) neck, and (unfortunately) less growly pickups.

If I had spent the $850 that the Player line is now commanding, I would have been disappointed in comparison to the Vintera. But, for $600 I would say that the price is commensurate with the instrument and is not bad at all.

The package!
NGD_Box.jpg

Foam sheet-wrapped goodness awaits!
NGD_Wrapped.jpg

Woo hoo!
NGD_JB01.jpg

The OEM pickguard is a little too bland for my tastes.
NGD_JB02.jpg

Nekkid bass:
NGD_JB_NoPG.jpg

I have a weakness for aged Pearloid:
NGD_NewPG.jpg

The Brothers Fender have been restored and my "family" is stable and complete.
Burst_Family.jpg

Burst_Family_CU.jpg

Guitar/Bass GAS has abated and I promise to stop clogging up the thread with stringed things. Thank you, one more time, for your patience.

Drumdame

Silver Member
My last post for things with strings. A couple of months ago I sold my Fender Vintera 70s Jazz bass and I almost immediately regretted it. Of course, I started looking for its replacement, and Amazon, knowing my weakness, eventually obliged with a Fender Player JB. Same Sunburst color, a different (maple) neck, and (unfortunately) less growly pickups.

If I had spent the $850 that the Player line is now commanding, I would have been disappointed in comparison to the Vintera. But, for $600 I would say that the price is commensurate with the instrument and is not bad at all.

The package!
View attachment 127312

View attachment 127313

Woo hoo!
View attachment 127314

View attachment 127315

Nekkid bass:
View attachment 127316

View attachment 127317

View attachment 127318

View attachment 127319

Guitar/Bass GAS has abated and I promise to stop clogging up the thread with stringed things. Thank you, one more time, for your patience.
I'm not a guitarist but I absolutely love all your white pearl ones!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member

The package!
View attachment 127312

View attachment 127313

Woo hoo!
View attachment 127314

View attachment 127315

Nekkid bass:
View attachment 127316

View attachment 127317

View attachment 127318

View attachment 127319

definitely replacing with white pearloid was the right choice!!!

I would also have had a ard time justifying letting a 70's era Fender go for a new one

Jeremy Crockett

I would also have had a ard time justifying letting a 70's era Fender go for a new one
I hasten to add that the Vintera line are Fender reissues of past instruments, anything actually made in '74 is lightyears beyond my means. That said, the Vintera line, in my opinion, is worth the cost difference.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I hasten to add that the Vintera line are Fender reissues of past instruments, anything actually made in '74 is lightyears beyond my means. That said, the Vintera line, in my opinion, is worth the cost difference.

ah ha....I had not heard of the Vintera line before the thread, so I thought it might have been an obscure line I had missed. ender releases so many lines I just sort o don't pay attention anymore. I have my 72 p- bass and my 92 J-bass and I am good!

Jeremy Crockett

ah ha....I had not heard of the Vintera line before the thread, so I thought it might have been an obscure line I had missed. ender releases so many lines I just sort o don't pay attention anymore. I have my 72 p- bass and my 92 J-bass and I am good!

I am convinced that the marketing guys at Fender spend most of their days thinking of "innovative" ways to rename a well-established product.

From my point of view, one P and one J cover everything a bassist needs. 5, 6, 12, a bazillion strings, whale humps, and coffee table woods, are not my thing.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
I am convinced that the marketing guys at Fender spend most of their days thinking of "innovative" ways to rename a well-established product.

yep....rather than spending time just really making 2 or 3 super quality things, they grasp at the impulsive buyer "looking or a steal" in a way

From my point of view, one P and one J cover everything a bassist needs. 5, 6, 12, a bazillion strings, whale humps, and coffee table woods, are not my thing.

agreed for the most part. Over the past 40 years, I have toyed with getting a 5 string something....but have never really felt the urge to really pull the trigger. I also sort of want a Music Man, but still, can't justify getting one when I already have a p and a j

Reactions: A J

A J

yep....rather than spending time just really making 2 or 3 super quality things, they grasp at the impulsive buyer "looking or a steal" in a way

agreed for the most part. Over the past 40 years, I have toyed with getting a 5 string something....but have never really felt the urge to really pull the trigger. I also sort of want a Music Man, but still, can't justify getting one when I already have a p and a j
I always wanted to play bass, so bought a Fender Precision bass (Mexican made) about 15 years ago. I never really got beyond beginner level. About 1 year ago, I showed it to my brother. He was 57 years old at the time and hadn't touched a stringed instrument in 40 years. Immediately I could tell his fingers knew what they were doing, and he was already better than me.

At that moment, I realized I'd better stick to drums. I gave him my whole bass rig.

Totigerus

I currently have a Bosch dishwasher, and I love it.

I had a Bosch clothes washer, and I didn't love it

The oven that was in my house when I first got it in 1997 was a General Motors oven lol.
I think you mean General Electric. But I've been wrong once before.

larryace

"Uncle Larry" - Administrator
Staff member
I think you mean General Electric. But I've been wrong once before.
It actually was a General Motors wall oven. It so odd that it had to be mentioned.

I've been into a fair amount of houses over 33 years and I have never seen one before or after

Totigerus

It actually was a General Motors wall oven. It so odd that it had to be mentioned.

I've been into a fair amount of houses over 33 years and I have never seen one before or after
Next thing you're gonna tell me is yamaha makes more than drums.:p

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
Staff member
I already bought one for my bass guitar player a few months ago, but since they're getting rare being replaced by Mod DUO X, which I don't like too much because of various reasons, I pulled the trigger on the only Mod DUO I could find in Europe these days:

Mod-Devices-Mod-Duo-Pedal-Modelling-LV2-Top-View.jpg

Since I am responsible for the design of the UI and most of the plug-ins (must have been around 2015 when they hired me for the job) it's nice to - again - have some gear at my place I did some work on.

pasted%20image

But the most fancy part for me is: it is running nearly all of my Calf Plugins! On a stomp box! (You can see two of them top right)

I bought it mainly for recordings (amp and cabinet simulations) but also for being used by one of my guitar players who is struggling with a few limited and bad sounding stomp boxes. And since it has two separate ins and outs we can now also put some fancy effects on the singers microphone - even on stage.

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Platinum Member
Bunch of winter stuff. The game changers being WoolNet and WarmWool full body merion suits from Aclima and Brynje Expedition Mittens with all the liner options.

Not that cold today, -10 C, but even with just a thin fleece layer on top the WarmWool alone was too much when I started moving. Combine the two and add a shell on top and I think I could handle any temp mother nature could realistically throw at me any place in Norway.