Latest Band - Glose

opentune

Platinum Member
Welcome back, it has been awhile, ...cool video, great playing.
You're still hittin' em hard. Love the snare sound on that track.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Fabulous to get a window into what you're up to Mike, & it's really impressively fresh. My first thought was a sort of dirty Rush on acid kinda vibe, but it soon became more organic than that. The fact I can't define it, has to be a good thing, & I loved your usual aplomb delivery :)

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Fabulous to get a window into what you're up to Mike, & it's really impressively fresh. My first thought was a sort of dirty Rush on acid kinda vibe, but it soon became more organic than that. The fact I can't define it, has to be a good thing, & I loved your usual aplomb delivery :)
There's a pretty huge early Tool vibe to my ear, which certainly won't upset most people.

Really dug it myself.

MikeM

Platinum Member
Welcome back, it has been awhile, ...cool video, great playing.
You're still hittin' em hard. Love the snare sound on that track.
Thanks, it has been a while. But a lot of that is I just can't get into typing on a phone. So I just read and lurk! That's a 6.5x14 Black Beauty I picked up from a guy on here a few years back (Fuzzrock).

Thanks, Andy! I really like your description since that's kinda how I imagine it too!

There's a pretty huge early Tool vibe to my ear, which certainly won't upset most people.

Really dug it myself.
Thanks, Watso! I can see a Tool vibe in there somewhere, which doesn't upset me a helluva lot :) I think I should listen to them more though, since I'm not sure I can tell their early period from the later stuff. But I difinitely dig their playing.

Our bass player comes up with most of the riffs and he likes odd-time signatures (which is fine by me), but draws most heavily from midwest noise rock sources (think Touch and Go, anything Alibini-esque, etc.).

Here's the other two we did that afternoon in case anyone's interested :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2vfJwkyAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPPTpG6z0g4

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member

Really dug it myself.
Same here. I don't comment on this section much but that was the first thing I thought. Not the vocals. The sound and feel. I thought, for sure, they were going to have to throw a Bob Marley-wannabe mf out of there.

JosephDAqui

Silver Member
Dude, that was huge and heavy as f*#k! Really enjoyed it! Excellent groove in odd time and great song writing. I would buy it for sure.

MikeM

Platinum Member
INTERESTED!

Funny you mentioned albini, because that first link here totally reminded me of Shellac or Fugazi or something like that. Really cool blend of styles and influences.

If there's an album, I'm buying.
Dude, that was huge and heavy as f*#k! Really enjoyed it! Excellent groove in odd time and great song writing. I would buy it for sure.
Thanks a lot fellas, I'm glad you all like it - because I like it too. Sorta reinforces my view that as long as you're doing what you like, chances are good other will too.

We have a record in the works. Recording and mixing are done and it's in mastering now. Once we get our cover art figured out we'll get some vinyl pressed. I'll post once it's available.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Can't wait to hear the record. You guys were so tight and things sounded so good for these videos I would have bought the music as an official album anyway! Your drums are just huge in that mix and it's perfect.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the other two we did that afternoon in case anyone's interested :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2vfJwkyAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPPTpG6z0g4
Just getting to these. I'm immediately struck by how you're driving this. You keep away from the usual thrashy default, & really let those toms punch the groove home. That's special, & very refreshing.

The overall vibe is sour & rebellious, but your drumming balances that out with satisfying old school thumping of the highest order - love it!!! There's more than a touch of Matt Halpern about your delivery :)

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Not my kind of music, but - MAN! You guys just killed it on all three songs. And I totally agree with Andy on the fact that your drumming style clearly and brilliantly anchors what could have been sonic drudgery with any other typical drumming style. You didn't resort to double bass drum antics, rather choosing to drive the song the hard (and, ultimately, musical) way - adroitly moving from section to section with bass/snare/tom accents that perfectly punctuate the guitar/bass lines. Congratulations, and well done, my friend!

And, please pass along my praises to your bass player - and basically for the same characteristics that made your drum work so exemplary. Not to mention that TONE. I love it!

GeeDeeEmm

MikeM

Platinum Member
Just getting to these. I'm immediately struck by how you're driving this. You keep away from the usual thrashy default, & really let those toms punch the groove home. That's special, & very refreshing.

The overall vibe is sour & rebellious, but your drumming balances that out with satisfying old school thumping of the highest order - love it!!! There's more than a touch of Matt Halpern about your delivery :)
Tight band - rocking' song - and you killed it on the drums - excellent job!
Not my kind of music, but - MAN! You guys just killed it on all three songs. And I totally agree with Andy on the fact that your drumming style clearly and brilliantly anchors what could have been sonic drudgery with any other typical drumming style. You didn't resort to double bass drum antics, rather choosing to drive the song the hard (and, ultimately, musical) way - adroitly moving from section to section with bass/snare/tom accents that perfectly punctuate the guitar/bass lines. Congratulations, and well done, my friend!

And, please pass along my praises to your bass player - and basically for the same characteristics that made your drum work so exemplary. Not to mention that TONE. I love it!

GeeDeeEmm
Geez fellas, that's some of the nicest feedback I've ever received - here or anywhere else. I'll try not to let it go to my head! Seriously, much appreciated. Thanks!

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
Came back to listen more. I can really see this taking off commercially if that's what you're after.