Latest Additions

Dave from Perth

Hello. I thought I'd share some photos showing the latest additions to my snare drum collection.

DW 25th Anniversary Snare Drum 14x6 Fiddleback Maple ply

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DW Classics Beavertail lugs "Buddy Rich" model 14x5 Maple ply

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Fidock Bubinga matching hoops 14x6.5 Stave Construction

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

And some other images of drums you might have seen before

DW Snakes and Arrows

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DW Titanium

DSC_0071-1.jpg

DW Neil Peart Commemorative

DSC_0064-1.jpg

DW Buddy Rich Commemorative

DSC_0078.jpg

Craviotto Timeless Timber Maple

DSC_0023.jpg

Craviotto Timeless Timber Birch

DSC_0027.jpg

You have to check out Fidock drums. They are beautifully constructed and sound absolutely awesome. Thanks for looking.

Hi Dave, I love your threads ! Those snare collections are brilliant, I've got 5 so far and counting haha. Can I ask how many Bradys you have and I can't find it, but is there a thread containing pics etc of yours?

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
They are all gorgeous but I think I will have to drool on the Fidick Bubinga with matching hoops. WOW

Thanks, Tom. I have only 1 Brady. It's part of my "working" snare drum arsenal; a 14x5.5 jarrah ply. Of all my working snares, it gets the most use. A magnificent snare drum.

Here's a link to a thread here that has a photo of it.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37279

Are you a Brady collector? I see by your avatar you are a devotee. C'mon mate, tell us, what's in your collection?

The Fidock range is new to me and I have to say I am blown away by this drum. The drums are also made in Australia by Mr Stephan Fidock - a real pro and gentleman. I was amazed by the light weight of the bubinga stave shell, especially given the fat sounds that come from it - it's really a beautifully constructed drum with quality fittings and excellent craftsmanship.

Thanks for the interest.

I recently bought 2 Bradys, altogether I've got a George Hayman Vibrasonic, a Ludwig Acrolite, Worldmax Hammered Brass, 14" x 5.5" Sheoak Block and 14" x 6.5" Jarrah Block.

Do you have any snares you literally don't use?

Tom

wow the greatest collection of snare drums i have ever seen, that fiddlebach dw looks so nice, enjoy those babies, thanks for sharing

my lord! if i had ONE of those drums, id be in heaven!

I recently bought 2 Bradys, altogether I've got a George Hayman Vibrasonic, a Ludwig Acrolite, Worldmax Hammered Brass, 14" x 5.5" Sheoak Block and 14" x 6.5" Jarrah Block.

Do you have any snares you literally don't use?

Tom

Hi Tom. You have a nice collection there, yourself.

I love playing any Brady drum, but the block snare drums are something special, aren't they? They really are great sounding snares. Have you posted images of your drums?

In answer to your question, I play the "collection" drums when I practise at home or when I'm giving lessons. I might occasionally take one out to rehearsals. Truth is, my "working" snares are more than adequate as far as meeting the musical demands of our band is concerned.

Cheers mate.

G'day people,

I see another Perth drummer owns the Fidock Bubinga :) Nice one!
I recently received my one a couple weeks back. Wow, what a weapon...

btw I own a DW Fiddleback too, mine's the 5" natural maple, but the hardware on my one is in horrible condition compared to yours! Your gear is immaculate!

Peace, --Joe

Hmmm, DW Ti. That looks like #38 too.

They're all sweet Dave, nice one. How do you find the TT Birch drums? I've not actually heard one

G'day Dave.

Yes, you've seen DW Ti number 38 before. You have number 37, I believe?

In answer to your question, I really like the sound of the timeless birch solids. It's a warm, focussed sound. I can crank up for killer rimshots or tune down for a big and fat snare drum sound. The click sound is solid and clear. Ghost notes sound really nice, compared with, say, a ply maple or birch.

I think if I were recording, it would probably be at, or near, the top of the list. Hope this helps, Dave.

All the best

Jewels!!!! I especially like the Neil Peart one..how does it sound??? Congrats!!!

Thank you, ibernalq, but which Neil Peart model? There are two...

The Neil Peart Commemorative model (the black mirra with gold hardware "Edge") is a LOUD snare drum - heaps of volume. I found that at a particular tuning it gives killer rimshots like no other snare drum in my collection. At any other tuning, you can reply on it to provide big, full wallops of sound. I reckon it's a great (louder) rock drum.

Downsides? Well none, if you're into weightlifting. It's a heavy drum but yeah, it has given me lots of enjoyment and a couple of those rare inspiration moments we occasionally get when playing and rocking out. Awesome.

The other Neil Peart snare is the Snakes and Arrows model. This drum has an all maple VLT shell. I think you get more general use from this drum, it's a great all-rounder. It's more flexible than the other model, more subtle at the lower-end, yet with enough depth and cut to be able to hold its own when you need it to, in more challenging settings. A bit more warmth than the edge model, too.

These are just my impressions, so I hope I have answered your question. All the best.

Things are getting out of control, and I have added two more to the collection: a very rare 25th Anniversary Edge model in Amber Fiddleback, 13 x 5

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

And a very early DW Classics Solid Shell Maple in Vintage MP. This drum was one of the early run models that came as part of a Buddy Rich Tribute kit - one of the first 5 made, hence the absence of the "Classics" badge. Nice sounding. Note the rare Slingerland style lugs and chooper hoops. This will be a nice stablemate for the Classics Buddy model I have that is made of maple ply, in WMP.

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Hope you like the photos.

Holy moly, that's one sweet snare collection. How do you decide which one to play? It's never a problem for me since I have only one snare drum.

Back