lastest Johnny Rabb Videos

NerfLad

Silver Member
They sound phenomenal. I haven't seen a new video of Johnny Rabb in quite a while. Unsurprisingly, he sounds phenomenal too! Thanks for sharing.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Gary, what can I say??? Absolutely stunning presentation. Drums sound beautiful. Superb selection of textures in that set, & Johnny exploits them to maximum effect. I'm so pleased for you. This is real progress & real exposure. So deserved!!!!

My fondest regards & best wishes, Andy.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
This process just shows that when you match hard work and dedication with skill and talent that the end result will be nothing but successful. Great work here all around

Anduin

Pioneer Member
Very nice! Drums sound great, and I love the almost symmetrical setup.

Is he throwing in little bits of one-handed rolls, but both hands one-handed-rolling at the same time (if that makes any sense) here and there?

con struct

Platinum Member
Is that drum set on the market, can one buy it? I find the whole thing very intriguing, watching the video made me want to get my hands on those drums.

The splash-cymbol-on-snare-drum was amazing! What a sound, where does one get a cymbal like that?

Rabb is ridiculous. It took me awhile to be able to watch him play without feeling ridiculously inadequate.

So, where does one get a kit like that?

gwaco

Thanks Everyone! Really glad you guys enjoyed the videos. I need to double check with the studio, but I believe he recorded the whole thing without any add ins and flat with no EQing. I could be wrong.

con struct , They are not available yet, most likely will be mid to late summer at the earliest and they will be priced by Johnny and sold through his site.

I'm sure you have seen enough of the videos by now but I just have to add this one because it makes me chuckle a little bit when I see it. During this short video you see Johnny playing the furthest most mounted 12" floor tom quite a bit.

If you look carefully you can see its a different color than the other toms, well that is the tom made from a cardboard tube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8zBXjtHiIg

And I have to say that after spending three days with Johnny, I can honestly tell you that what you see on the outside is what is on the inside! Just a fantastic and fun person that I am so honored to be working with! Did I tell you about the night he got up and sang Billy Ocean , Caribbean Queen........... better not ... l.o.l. , but I have the video :eek: !

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Everyone! Really glad you guys enjoyed the videos. I need to double check with the studio, but I believe he recorded the whole thing without any add ins and flat with no EQing. I could be wrong.
Gary, there is some EQ manipulation in there to flesh out the bottom end, especially the bass drum, & I'm guessing some mild compression too, but non of it is excessive. The engineer has presented these drums correctly IMO. He's giving the listener a flavour of what close mic'ing with extremely basic treatment can deliver in combination with your drums, & the result is stunning. Not only does Johnny play beautifully, he does so with much imagination, & uses the setup to it's full extent. The range of flavours are delicious!!!!!