No, it means I'm not being discovered, like the other 6,000 people who uploaded their tracks today. To get discovered it helps if your face fits and you have $$$$ to send on promotion, greasing palms, including paying to get on playlists. There is a mountain of content being uploaded, and most consumers are just swiping past it, or just consuming the music their favourite playlist puts in front of them. The algorithm pushes trending tracks to more and more people. Not ;good' tracks, but trending tracks.So, making everything yourself and uploading it to iTunes makes you no money ar all? That would mean you're creating an undesirable product.
I'm not sobbing about my lot, I'm just explain how it works. No one but the top 10% in the industry is making any serious money from streaming. the rest of the 90% in the industry is using streaming to promote their live show. It is unpaid promotion. Which is why no one spends 6 months or even 6 weeks making their album these days. It is working for $0.