Larry's Snare Giveaway Pt 2: The Fallout

MikeM

Platinum Member
Since I won Larry's Bronze Sensitone, and to spread the love, I'm giving this Brass Sensitone to someone here who can put it to good use and I'll ship it right to your door free of charge. My gain is your gain!

This is a kickass 5.5x14 full of life in minty condition and is totally stock.

Same basic rules as Larry used - tell me why you want it, either here or by PM, then I'll decide and get it off to you in time for Christmas. But to make this target, this one will have to be much shorter than Larry's, so I'll close the polls this coming Friday, 12/9, so I can ship on Saturday.

GO!

Attachments

• Sensitone 1.JPG
    Sensitone 1.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 645
  • Sensitone 2.JPG
    Sensitone 2.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 645
I know, right? Can hardly tell there's a snare drum there somewhere. It's like playing Where's Waldo!

This is a great thing right here.......karma passing it on......very good on you.....

You guys are so nice. This is another great gesture for the Christmas season. Keep it up!

I'm so sure you won't see this on a guitar or photography forum since those guys are busy looking after #1!

I'd imagine there would be some kind of reaction between a Pearl Sensitone and a Yamaha Stage Custom set. Likely that the drummer would start leaking and then corrode, ruining the hardware. Not sure if I'd qualify. ;-) But I sure like that rug!

I'd imagine there would be some kind of reaction between a Pearl Sensitone and a Yamaha Stage Custom set. Likely that the drummer would start leaking and then corrode, ruining the hardware. Not sure if I'd qualify. ;-) But I sure like that rug!

It's like when the Fedex guy and the UPS guy show up at the same time, and you secretly want them to fight.

I dunno, I played a black-over-brass Sensitone with a Stage Custom for some time and the only side effect I noticed was the unacceptably high number of ladies asking for my phone number.

I dunno, I played a black-over-brass Sensitone with a Stage Custom for some time and the only side effect I noticed was the unacceptably high number of ladies asking for my phone number.

Those senior centers can be fun for sure.

I just love this Pay it forward thread now.

It's very nice of you to do this Mike. Spread the love. I would ask for it, but I'm receiving the Ludwig 303 from Uncle Larry's thread. I wonder If you could pick someone from the replies on that that thread that you feel personally should win a snare. It might speed up the process. Just an idea.

FWIW Louis was my next pick.

I don't understand the rules of this giveaway thingy.

I am averse to blowing smoke up someones @rse on principle alone.

What other ways can it be won?

Who plays the best music? Who had the worst current snare?

Apologies but this is the weirdest thing I've seen on a forum, but clearly it's a thing or else you wouldn't have "won" Larry's snare.

How did you win it btw? The other thread got too long

Apologies but this is the weirdest thing I've seen on a forum, but clearly it's a thing or else you wouldn't have "won" Larry's snare.

It's all kinda silly, isn't it? Win. They say. Win the the generosity of a stranger you've never met before by appealing to his character. Personally, I'm too much of an asshole to win any personality contest.

Post to the UK? xxx Would be the perfect replacement for my old Pearl 8" Brass free floater that I have just given to my Daughter. :)

It's not weird at all. It's a very kind series of events from generous people.

Suggest you read the thread, as it's all quite simple and may even spread a bit of joy.

I'm not looking for anyone to blow smoke up my @arse, just anything compelling. Even just someone whose posts tend to be interesting. Not sure how I won Larry's snare. You'd have to ask him.

It's all kinda silly, isn't it? Win. They say. Win the the generosity of a stranger you've never met before by appealing to his character. Personally, I'm too much of an asshole to win any personality contest.
@sshole? Fine. Consider yourself a front-runner, then!

See how that works? :)

Back