Larrie Londan Mem. Award Winning Vid. - Reviews?

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Last edited:
J

JediJesseS

Good playing for 16 years old! The main thing I would look at is your internal dynamics. Right now everything is a bit loud and overpowering. But not just overall how loud or soft you are, but also the dynamics of each voice in comparison to each other. Your hihat/ride is often playing at FF with huge full strokes, when the groove and feel would benefit from more subtlety. Experiment with changing the dynamics of each voice and see if your groove settles down a bit.

You've got an awesome start with a whole lifetime of drumming ahead of you! I see good things in the future. : )

Bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
Re: Larrie Londin Mem. Award Winning Vid. - Reviews?

for me: great very good drumming. See no problems for you in progressing and working on dynamics - comes automatically when working with live bands.

Larrie Londin i suppose - not Londan....

Bernhard

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Re: Larrie Londin Mem. Award Winning Vid. - Reviews?

Larrie Londin i suppose - not Londan....

Bernhard

Yes...thatd be it.

Thank you all though, I appreciate it. Will definately expirement with more dynamics specifically on the hihat, as suggested above..

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Good playing for 16 years old! The main thing I would look at is your internal dynamics. Right now everything is a bit loud and overpowering. But not just overall how loud or soft you are, but also the dynamics of each voice in comparison to each other. Your hihat/ride is often playing at FF with huge full strokes, when the groove and feel would benefit from more subtlety. Experiment with changing the dynamics of each voice and see if your groove settles down a bit.

You've got an awesome start with a whole lifetime of drumming ahead of you! I see good things in the future. : )

Thank you! I will definately follow this advice

A-customs

Silver Member

Could not agree more!!!,could have been played at a little less volume in spots,but Very nice playing,May i ask what ride your playing???...O, good luck to you young man!!

BattleArmor

Silver Member
It is an 18" K Custom Session Ride.

Any other reviews? Would love to see some more comments on the vid!

Thanks everyone

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Anybody?

20charcters