Kudos to Evans customer service again

Shedboyxx

Silver Member
I wanted to give credit where credit's due in regards to Evans service.

I recently jumped in on the Best Buy clearance closeouts and picked up a 14" coated Power Center Reverse Dot they were blowing out. I pulled the head partially out of the box while in the store and saw it was as promised a PCRD.

When I got the head home I pulled the head out and then discerned a very slight scratch line across the head. I flipped the head over and held it against the light and could see light through parts of the scratch. The scratch looked like the kind a box cutter might make after going through some cardboard. I speculate this happened after arriving at Best Buy as I've never seen this on any of their other heads.

I contacted the same Evans customer service rep named George Santos who helped me through a different issue I had a while back. After some Q&A he promptly shipped me a brand spankin' new Level 360 PCRD which is now on my snare.

I also believe the head I bought was very old stock not just because of the absence of the 360 logo. It just felt old - like a few years old. The new head sounds great and I'm now off and running.

Thought I would bring this up so we know who is working for our money.

Jim

Good customer service is getting rarer and rarer as time goes on. It is nice to know that we drummers can still experience it. Peace and goodwill.

Glad to hear it! I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to George as well. Thanks for spreading the word.

Cheers & enjoy that snare head!

I love that the evans guy comes around here once in a while. It's only one of the things that keeps me buying evans heads.

Speaking of excellent customer service, Ben just replaced a faulty G2 clear head for me. This sort of attention to detail is what I love about Evans.

Question, Ben: Musician's Friend and several other online stores are stocking the American prepack (G2s for toms, G1 for snare, EMAD for bass). Yet not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM is listing the sizes that come in the pack. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a prepack if we don't know the sizes. What sizes are they, and could you maybe get the word out to the big online sites so they can list the sizes in that prepack?

Speaking of excellent customer service, Ben just replaced a faulty G2 clear head for me. This sort of attention to detail is what I love about Evans.

Question, Ben: Musician's Friend and several other online stores are stocking the American prepack (G2s for toms, G1 for snare, EMAD for bass). Yet not a SINGLE ONE OF THEM is listing the sizes that come in the pack. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a prepack if we don't know the sizes. What sizes are they, and could you maybe get the word out to the big online sites so they can list the sizes in that prepack?
Can you send me a link to where it's shown online?
EDIT: Never mind, just found it in another thread. These are packs on closeout with 10/12/14/16 tom heads, 14" snare and 22" kick.

Last edited:
Yea Ben offered to replace a coated G2 head on a drum that sounds dead to me. It could be the drum though. Ben said, well just in case it is the head, let me replace it for you, and asked for an address. Before I take the free head, I want to swap a known lively sounding head on that drum first before I take Ben up on his offer. If the lively head sounds dead on that drum, then it's the drum. If the lively head still sounds lively, then I will take Ben up on his generous offer. I already received a replacement head from another issue I had some months ago. I don't want to abuse his kindness unless it's warranted. Cheers to Ben and cheers to Evans.

This isn't the first time I've seen a thread where Evan's had amazing customer service. All I ever use are Evan's. I only had one problem and that was with an EC2 snare batter. But I figured it was just my snare being too shallow to sound good with a thick head. Go Evan's!

Back