Kit in the shed?

Girlgerms

Hey guys, I keep my kit in my room at the moment, and it has those foam/plastic things on the heads and cymbals to soundproof it. But it kinda takes some of the enjoyment out of playing. I wanted to move the kit to the shed so I could take the soundproofing stuff off, but it gets very cold in there. Would it be alright in there with a number of covers on it? If I do put it in there, is there anything else I can do to protect the kit and keep it in good condition? The shed does not get damp, I've left furniture in there for months, and it hasn't been damaged.

Thanks.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
Apparently one user on here let his cymbals get a bit too cold and they cracked very badly. So really it's best to keep your kit in a heated room over winter.

B

Big_Philly

It depends how well the shed is isolated (heat-wise). Strong temperature fluctuations are bad for both your drums and your cymbals, I think ecpesially bad for your cymbals. So maybe a small heat source in the shed and some extra isolation would be a good idea. If that's all good you're good to go.