Kit ID

Cmdr. Ross

Platinum Member
This is Fred LeBlanc of Cowboy Mouth.
Crazy, full of energy drummer/singer doesn't even begin to describe him.

His kit here is a mystery though. I've never seen lugs like that before. Any idea's?
Fred.jpg

Found out he plays Slingerland. I've just never seen the off-set lugs shaped like that.
Thanks for the views. ;)

I've seen those lugs before but I can't recall the brand. Looks a little like DrumCraft but I don't think that's it, unless those you pictured are a single-sided version of these:

1621033032977.png

I don't think the pictured drums are Slings. Not many companies make the offset lug drums, and all the ones I've seen are custom companies.

Last edited:
The lugs are very similar to Maryland Drum / Baltimore Drum Co. lugs, too.

BDC lugs are a little more triangular in section, but maybe an older style?

I was going to say DrumCraft too, but they're off from their design because it doesn't have the flare towards the base.
My guess is it's all custom, because the lugs look like machined hunks of metal. Not bad, just very utilitarian.
Yeah that's what i was thinking. It looks like a home made kit.

I don't think the pictured drums are Slings. Not many companies make the offset lug drums, and all the ones I've seen are custom companies.

His latest bio says he's a Slingerland guy, so maybe this is just an old pic.
I wouldn't put it past a company to make him a custom set. With as much exposure as that band gets, they'd be in marketing heaven.

I'm going with what Symbolic Death suggests. Seems home made, very utilitarian with no consideration for style. They're fairly unattractive to me.

I'm going with what Symbolic Death suggests. Seems home made, very utilitarian with no consideration for style. They're fairly unattractive to me.
I'm wondering if that's the goal for Fred? He's such an animated player/singer who beats his kit like it owes him money, I could see him having someone make him a set that's very basic. That way the attention is on him & not the equipment.

The only time I remember him having a set that was "flashy" was when Southern Comfort sponsored a tour of theirs. Had the logos all over his kit. Most other times it's just plain Jane colors.

His latest bio says he's a Slingerland guy, so maybe this is just an old pic.
I wouldn't put it past a company to make him a custom set. With as much exposure as that band gets, they'd be in marketing heaven.
Could also be a backline kit of some already-gone custom company for a festival slot... Agreed, you'd think companies would be chasing him for an endorsement, since he's wild, charismatic, and literally up front in his band.

Back