Kit arrived late, and damaged, what to expect now?

DenK

So Fed Ex decided to ship my drums all over making them arrive late, then noticed the cracked shell :(
This is on the bottom of the floor tom, I have emailed sweetwater and this late on a Saturday they are closed till Monday.
Anyone have a clue if I will have to pack the entire kit back up and ship back or they will ship me a new floor tom and let me return just the tom?

Attachments

• FloorTom3.jpg
    FloorTom3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 50
  • FloorTom2.jpg
    FloorTom2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 55
  • FloorTom1.jpg
    FloorTom1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 52
Ah I am sure you will just have to send the tom back
I sure hope so, trying to pack this entire kit back up would be a major pain, plus I would at least like to put the rest of it together and play minus the floor tom. If I have to wait on Tama to replace it, and the lead time is like others have had on ordering toms not sure I would do that either.

Sweetwater is second to none when it comes to servicing their customers. You're in good hands.

I ordered a set of Paiste hats from Sweetwater and they arrived with a ding. I called Sweetwater, spoke with Ted Hunter, a set of replacement hats was shipped out within hours of my call, hats arrived 3 days later, I packed up the old, and with certified Sweetwater certificate, shipped the damaged hats back to Sweetwater (no charge).

I'll second Stroker when he says that SW will take care of you. You will get some candy too! That's a drop on the FT bracket from shipping.

You're in good hands with Sweetwater. They'll treat you like a king.

Just to echo everyone else...SW is great. They’ll likely ship you a replacement along with a return shipping tag for the broken tom

I’m currently dealing with the same issue, except it’s one of my rack toms that was damaged. Both boxes were very beat up, but I only found damage on one of the drums. Sweetwater told me they are waiting to hear back from Tama on what to do. I’ve been happy with the customer service at Sweetwater, but not sure I’m going to order drums that require fedex delivery moving forward. Im hoping I don’t have to wait months to get my full kit together, but we’ll see.

I’m currently dealing with the same issue, except it’s one of my rack toms that was damaged. Both boxes were very beat up, but I only found damage on one of the drums. Sweetwater told me they are waiting to hear back from Tama on what to do. I’ve been happy with the customer service at Sweetwater, but not sure I’m going to order drums that require fedex delivery moving forward. Im hoping I don’t have to wait months to get my full kit together, but we’ll see.
Was returning the entire kit an option?

They didn’t mention if that was an option or not, but it sounds like a pain to return the entire kit so I just want the Tom replaced.

They didn’t mention if that was an option or not, but it sounds like a pain to return the entire kit so I just want the Tom replaced.
I agree it would be a major pain, for me it just depends on the wait for the replaced tom.
My question I sent Ted is what happens if this happens down the road when not a return item, what if it were the bass what is the turn around time to replace an item.

I think they just have to wait on the drum manufacturer to get them one unless they have that specific drum in inventory (probably unlikely).

I’ll say that I’ve been very happy with Sweetwater’s customer service so far. Fedex is pretty lousy with how they handle the packages. I’m most surprised by the lack of insulation that Tama provided for their packages. They literally just put an expensive drum in a cardboard box with no protection. I’m not surprised that it was damaged.

My order consisted of 4 boxes, they sent it from New Haven IN to PERRYSBURG, OH when its destination was St Louis, Mo. :oops:
And yes, the order was late LOL.

First of all, just reading the title of this thread gave me a heartache, so I can't even imagine how much of a bummer it must've been for you.

Secondly, there was a reddit discussion about Sweetwater just yesterday and it lines up with what others are saying on here, and what my one friend who swears by them also says, which is that their customer service is absolutely outstanding.

Sorry about the tom, and here's hoping your experience with them is as good as most people's seem to be.

My order consisted of 4 boxes, they sent it from New Haven IN to PERRYSBURG, OH when its destination was St Louis, Mo. :oops:
And yes, the order was late LOL.
This is just about distributions sites and stuff being in the back of a semi-truck. I'm IN Indiana. I have stuff go from Ohio to Chicago, and THEN to me. It's kinda silly. But I get it I guess.

As far as your damaged drum, I would guess SW might give you the option, of returning/exchanging THE KIT, for A KIT. Or, waiting on a single drum from the manufacturer like someone above mentioned.

FedEx this time of year----they're throwing stuff around like idiots, some of 'em.

FedEx this time of year----they're throwing stuff around like idiots, some of 'em.

I too have seen the videos of delivery people tossing packages marked "fragile" as though they're frisbees. But I dunno: the pressure these drivers are under--all the time, but especially this time of year--to make a crazy amount of deliveries in an unfeasible amount of time...I'd be extremely upset if this happened to something of mine, especially if it were irreplaceable. So, sure, because they're human, undoubtedly there are some drivers who simply suck. But for the most part, it's a result of the entire system which trades off great prices for the consumer with really harsh conditions for the people doing the shipping, more than any individual driver. [And full disclosure: I do most of my shopping online, so I'm not claiming I'm not part of the problem.]

This is just about distributions sites and stuff being in the back of a semi-truck. I'm IN Indiana. I have stuff go from Ohio to Chicago, and THEN to me. It's kinda silly. But I get it I guess.

As far as your damaged drum, I would guess SW might give you the option, of returning/exchanging THE KIT, for A KIT. Or, waiting on a single drum from the manufacturer like someone above mentioned.

I do not think I will be okay waiting on a replacement from Tama, I hear nothing but long wait times 3-9 months in most cases.
This may be enough to make me reconsider DW drums if this is the case. They have every Bass and Tom available in almost every color.

Contact Sweetwater and file a claim with Fed Ex. Sweetwater as the shipper, may file the claim. Leave no stone unturned. Fed Ex may want to come and look. Done throw away any boxes or packing. The problem with drums are they are fragile and yet light weight and get tossed around or stacked upon.

Back