Kit advice please.

bozy02

So basically, looking at maybe buying a new kit, I'll list current kit spec's, just a heads up looking at something no more than around $1000-$1400 AUD

Current kit:
DXP 5p kit(usually played with only one rack tom) - Not sure exact model

All DXP stands

Zildjian Planet Z Crash/Ride/Hi-hats

No name Crash cymbal which we took to with a sledge hammer and now makes for a cool FX cymbal

Heads:
Snare - Remo weatherking Coated (no name reso)
Mid tom - Remo Ambassadors
Floor tom - Pearl ProTone (no name reso)
Rest are DXP standard skins

Kick pedal - DXP DXP89 (www.bmusic.com.au/prod2125.htm)

So um yeh...that is about it, Any help toward choosing my next kit would be appreciated lol.

Ideas I am looking at and wouldn't mind feedback on include

Mapex Pro-M
Pearl Export
(i know 2 of the most obvious 1st choices soz)

P.S. mostly into rock/metal....and anything pre-y2k.

If you're into things pre 21st century maybe look at getting a 1990s set of TAMA performers? There are loadsa them knocking about and a full 5 or even 6pc set shouldn't cost any more than $1000. A guy on here who's in your neighbours kiwiland just bought a 5pc set of them including a gibraltair rack and a TAMA brass snare for like $1000 NZ.

i just got a new mapex merdian maple kit and i think it's great. it sounds great for one thing, and it has a lot of higher end features you see on more expensive kits. the hardware is solid, and it has a gorgeous lacquer fade finish. but the best thing is it wasn't very expensive, especially compared to similar kits by big name companies.

the Pro-M's are great, solid hardware, fantastic sound and reasonable pricing, best bang for the buck imo, ditto on the new meridians, not a fan of Pearl's, just don't believe in their hardware...

good hunting man!

Cheers for the responses all, good feedback. Still having a look, i will have a good look into the performers kits

Will keep ya's all posted on what i end up getting :).

Back