Platinum Member
Type O Negative
Triumph
The Smithereens
Tom Petty
Before the Dawn
No Doubt (?)

Bands that are technically together, but I miss their classic line up
Queensryche - can we at least more original members than not?
Journey - with Steve Perry
Fleetwood Mac - Why can't Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks be on the same tour?
Van Halen with Sammy Hagar
The Who
Jefferson Starship

Fleetwood Mac - Why can't Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks be on the same tour?
I too think it's a shame but it's never been a secret that Buckingham's difficult to get along with--he himself pretty much admits as much in various interviews over the years. And the final straw in this case does seem like it was a pretty petty and uncool move on his part. And it appears to have been a more or less unanimous decision by the other members.

I mean, if I'm Mick Fleetwood, I certainly want Lindsey Buckingham in my band. But if I have to make a choice between him or Stevie Nicks. From a commercial point of view, hell yeah, I'm going with Nicks.

TOMANO

Type O Negative
Triumph
The Smithereens
Tom Petty
Before the Dawn
No Doubt (?)

Bands that are technically together, but I miss their classic line up
Queensryche - can we at least more original members than not?
Journey - with Steve Perry
Van Halen with Sammy Hagar
The Who
Jefferson Starship
Yessir...No Doubt was a smokin' pop band. Great players and Gwen was in top-form. Her music is fluffy auto-tune sequenced mindless product now. Same thing with The Band Perry...great players who made catchy pop country...now they don't even have real instruments on their crap songs. Sad.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Yessir...No Doubt was a smokin' pop band. Great players and Gwen was in top-form. Her music is fluffy auto-tune sequenced mindless product now.
Agreed.

And I get they never actually broke up. But I've read conflicting reports. One says Gwen and Tony can't write together anymore and have no reason to go one, and another saying a reunion tour is in the works. Who knows. Hence the (?) in my post.

DotN

I too think it's a shame but it's never been a secret that Buckingham's difficult to get along with--he himself pretty much admits as much in various interviews over the years. And the final straw in this case does seem like it was a pretty petty and uncool move on his part. And it appears to have been a more or less unanimous decision by the other members.

I mean, if I'm Mick Fleetwood, I certainly want Lindsey Buckingham in my band. But if I have to make a choice between him or Stevie Nicks. From a commercial point of view, hell yeah, I'm going with Nicks.
That's not correct. This time it was actually Stevie Nicks who did something wrong. At this point in her life she prefers to surround herself with yes-men, who can confirm that she's oh so wonderful, and she has always wanted to be in Tom Petty's band The Heartbreakers. Tom just wouldn't have any girls in his band. So when Tom Petty died, she decided to go for the next best thing: She wanted a Heartbreaker in Fleetwood Mac. And of course she also thought that life within Fleetwood Mac would be easier without Lindsey Buckingham, who was their musical leader and mentor, and whom she didn't always get along with. Therefore she forced Lindsey out of Fleetwood Mac with an ultimatum: 'Either he goes, or I go'. And then she suggested that they'd ask Mike Campbell, who was out of work, to join the band.

On April 25, 2018 she and the rest of the band did an interview with CBS' Anthony Mason. In this interview she lied to all of her fans, when she claimed that Lindsey "didn't want to go out on the road for a year". Fact is that by December 17, 2017 Lindsey had agreed to tour on the band's terms, and the day after Fleetwood Mac's performance at the MusiCares event (january 26, 2018) he even talked to some random fans about the imminent Fleetwood Mac tour. That conversation was recorded by a young lady (with a cell-phone) and has been circulating on Facebook and Twitter for 1½ year now. .... Lindsey later sued the band, and the lawsuit was about his lost income from the tour (that he had agreed to do). Although the band initially said (through a spokesman) that they were looking forward to their day in court, they settled a few weeks later and agreed to pay what they owed Lindsey.

Armor of Light

sadly, I can't believe I am mentioning Rush in this context, but it might be a thing...

too many other bands to mention though: Rush, Minor Threat, The Minutemen, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Styx,, Queensryche, The Jackson 5....

for me, those were the main bands that got me going and that I miss the most, but just the tip of the iceberg
I dig your Minor Threat avatar.! Straight Edge, Baby.

The Angels from Angel City
Riot
Angry Samoans
The Call

That's not correct. This time it was actually Stevie Nicks who did something wrong. At this point in her life she prefers to surround herself with yes-men, who can confirm that she's oh so wonderful, and she has always wanted to be in Tom Petty's band The Heartbreakers. Tom just wouldn't have any girls in his band. So when Tom Petty died, she decided to go for the next best thing: She wanted a Heartbreaker in Fleetwood Mac. And of course she also thought that life within Fleetwood Mac would be easier without Lindsey Buckingham, who was their musical leader and mentor, and whom she didn't always get along with. Therefore she forced Lindsey out of Fleetwood Mac with an ultimatum: 'Either he goes, or I go'. And then she suggested that they'd ask Mike Campbell, who was out of work, to join the band.

On April 25, 2018 she and the rest of the band did an interview with CBS' Anthony Mason. In this interview she lied to all of her fans, when she claimed that Lindsey "didn't want to go out on the road for a year". Fact is that by December 17, 2017 Lindsey had agreed to tour on the band's terms, and the day after Fleetwood Mac's performance at the MusiCares event (january 26, 2018) he even talked to some random fans about the imminent Fleetwood Mac tour. That conversation was recorded by a young lady (with a cell-phone) and has been circulating on Facebook and Twitter for 1½ year now. .... Lindsey later sued the band, and the lawsuit was about his lost income from the tour (that he had agreed to do). Although the band initially said (through a spokesman) that they were looking forward to their day in court, they settled a few weeks later and agreed to pay what they owed Lindsey.
You apparently have inside scoop that either Mick Fleetwood doesn't have, or you're saying Mick Fleetwood's a liar. I wasn't there, so I obviously can't say whether you're right or not. What I can say is that having read several books on Fleetwood Mac over the years, there's no question that Lindsey Buckingham is crazy talented. And that even by rock star prima donna standards, he's unusually difficult to work with. (Presumably once the drugs were kicked, he got much easier to work with. On the other hand, his stuff since then also hasn't much interested me, although I very much doubt there's a correlation.) Most of all, of course, he doesn't have even close to the commercial pull of Stevie Nicks. So, again, if I'm the bandleader, and push comes to shove, hell yeah I'd go with Nicks over Buckingham.

DotN

You apparently have inside scoop that either Mick Fleetwood doesn't have, or you're saying Mick Fleetwood's a liar. I wasn't there, so I obviously can't say whether you're right or not. What I can say is that having read several books on Fleetwood Mac over the years, there's no question that Lindsey Buckingham is crazy talented. And that even by rock star prima donna standards, he's unusually difficult to work with. (Presumably once the drugs were kicked, he got much easier to work with. On the other hand, his stuff since then also hasn't much interested me, although I very much doubt there's a correlation.) Most of all, of course, he doesn't have even close to the commercial pull of Stevie Nicks. So, again, if I'm the bandleader, and push comes to shove, hell yeah I'd go with Nicks over Buckingham.
Yes, Mick Fleetwood IS a liar, and so is Stevie Nicks. They claimed that Lindsey was fired because he didn't want to go out on the road for a year. But that story was debunked almost immediately by people close to the band. That's why Fleetwood and Nicks never repeated this lie. No, they changed their story (something only liars need to do) and claimed Lindsey was fired because they "we just weren't happy" - which is nonsense, considering the band's history and everything they've endured and "survived" since the beginning. The band have since confirmed the basic facts of Lindsey's story: That Stevie gave the band an ultimatum: "Either he goes, or I go".

The ousting of LIndsey has got nothing what-so-ever to do with events that happened 30-40 years ago, as some people will have us believe. They were ALL crazy in the 1970's and 80's due to their abuse of drugs and alcohol, and they were all selfish and difficult. In recent years it's Stevie Nicks that has been difficult to work with. She caused a two-year delay of the band's tour around 2011-2012, and she didn't want to participate when the band wanted to make a new album in 2015-2016. That's why Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham released their album as a so-called Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie duet album - and not a Fleetwood Mac album.

Yes, Stevie is still the most popular member of Fleetwood Mac. But she's also the least creative member. And the thing is that she isn't above the rules of the society. She stabbed Lindsey in the back, and afterwards she lied to all of her fans about it. That's why she and the band have lost tens of thousands of life-long fans.

Timmy

Yes, Mick Fleetwood IS a liar, and so is Stevie Nicks. They claimed that Lindsey was fired because he didn't want to go out on the road for a year. But that story was debunked almost immediately by people close to the band. That's why Fleetwood and Nicks never repeated this lie. No, they changed their story (something only liars need to do) and claimed Lindsey was fired because they "we just weren't happy" - which is nonsense, considering the band's history and everything they've endured and "survived" since the beginning. The band have since confirmed the basic facts of Lindsey's story: That Stevie gave the band an ultimatum: "Either he goes, or I go".

The ousting of LIndsey has got nothing what-so-ever to do with events that happened 30-40 years ago, as some people will have us believe. They were ALL crazy in the 1970's and 80's due to their abuse of drugs and alcohol, and they were all selfish and difficult. In recent years it's Stevie Nicks that has been difficult to work with. She caused a two-year delay of the band's tour around 2011-2012, and she didn't want to participate when the band wanted to make a new album in 2015-2016. That's why Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham released their album as a so-called Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie duet album - and not a Fleetwood Mac album.

Yes, Stevie is still the most popular member of Fleetwood Mac. But she's also the least creative member. And the thing is that she isn't above the rules of the society. She stabbed Lindsey in the back, and afterwards she lied to all of her fans about it. That's why she and the band have lost tens of thousands of life-long fans.
I think you are correct. They are all probably equally guilty of this or that. Miss Queenie says she doesn't want Lindsey in the band anymore. So be it. I think she is probably still the lead draw, however, a lot of that was because of how God damn HOT she was. Let's face it, she ain't all that hot anymore. What if instead they replaced HER with Arial Grande? Just thinkin.
Also, it is rather hypocritical of her to pass judgement on Lindsey when SHE was the one who had an affair with Mick Fleetwood. All things being equal, she can F off.

Macarina

Silver Member
Ok, swingin the spectrum

Star Castle
Firehouse
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Night Ranger
Billy Squier
Supertramp
Jethro Tull
Great White

DotN

I think you are correct. They are all probably equally guilty of this or that. Miss Queenie says she doesn't want Lindsey in the band anymore. So be it. I think she is probably still the lead draw, however, a lot of that was because of how God damn HOT she was. Let's face it, she ain't all that hot anymore. What if instead they replaced HER with Arial Grande? Just thinkin.
Also, it is rather hypocritical of her to pass judgement on Lindsey when SHE was the one who had an affair with Mick Fleetwood. All things being equal, she can F off.
Well said. ... In my opinion Stevie peaked as a songwriter around 1982 (with her songs on the Mirage album) and as a live performer around 1997 (The Dance), and nowadays her singing is sloppy. She sounds hoarse and goat-like, and she has lost her range. I think we've seen the end of Fleetwood Mac. According to their new guitarist Mike Campbell, Stevie is going on an one and half year long solo tour, which probably will begin in the Fall of 2020. That means that she won't be ready for another Fleetwood Mac tour until 2022. By that time Christine McVie will be 79 years old and John McVie will be 77. I just don't see it happen.

Stevie has always be rather hypocritical, and she has said one thing - and then she has done quite the opposite.

Stevie has always be rather hypocritical, and she has said one thing - and then she has done quite the opposite.
Well, now I've heard everything! A person--a rock star, even!--who's had a tendency to be hypocritical?!
My fainting couch...where's...where's my...my fainting couch...

DotN

Well, now I've heard everything! A person--a rock star, even!--who's had a tendency to be hypocritical?!
My fainting couch...where's...where's my...my fainting couch...
Oh, I forgot that she - seemingly - is above the rules of society. And I also forgot that the fact that many people lies, makes it alright. ... My bad. 🙄

MntnMan62

My list would have to be:

*Genesis - Never got to see them
*Led Zeppelin - Never saw them either
*Zappa - Saw him and miss him tremendously
*Missing Persons - I can do without Dale but the best part of this band was when Terry, Warren, Patrick and Chuck jammed live.
*UK - The formulation with Bruford and Holdsworth. Never saw either. Holdsworth is sadly gone and Bruford doesn't play out anymore (I don't think). I saw the Bozzio version. As much as I love Bozzio, I prefer the Bruford form of this band.
*Highlife - This was a band that existed for a couple years at most. Daryl Dobson, Delmar Brown, Rael Wesley Grant and Kenwood Dennard. One of my favorite bands ever.
*Weather Report - Sadly never got to see them in any iteration.
*Was (Not Was) - Another fantastic band that was a blast to see live.