Killer Bands: Gone But Not Forgotten!

TOMANO

Spinnin' some vinyl & CD tonight of great bands that are no longer together that kicked my ass: Smithereens, Jellyfish, Sixpence None The Richer, London Suede, Captain Beyond, Magazine, 10cc,

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

sadly, I can't believe I am mentioning Rush in this context, but it might be a thing...

too many other bands to mention though: Rush, Minor Threat, The Minutemen, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Styx,, Queensryche, The Jackson 5....

for me, those were the main bands that got me going and that I miss the most, but just the tip of the iceberg

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
sadly, I can't believe I am mentioning Rush in this context, but it might be a thing...

too many other bands to mention though: Rush, Minor Threat, The Minutemen, The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Styx,, Queensryche, The Jackson 5....

for me, those were the main bands that got me going and that I miss the most, but just the tip of the iceberg
Queensryche is still an ongoing band. But, they're down to only 2 of the original 5 guys. So I get your point.

And yes, Rush.....

Old Dog new Cans

Mad Season was Layne Staley's baby I think, but it involved some great Seattle musicians. They only made the one album, and maybe a few non-released recorded singles (that I know of). . .but that one album is one of my favorites from the grunge era. I wish Chris Cornell and Audioslave were still able to make music. . . .I guess my choices are all about the dead :oops:

I would have like more from Jimmy Page and Paul Rodgers with The Firm. (y)

AzHeat

Platinum Member
+100 on the Smitherines.

UFO, Vandenberg, The Stabilizers, The Origin...now ducking and running!