KANSAS, Portrait band cover

This is the last one, unless you would like to see Dust In The Wind, in which there is absolutely zero mistakes on my part. ;)
By all means keep posting , and I’ll tell you why ..... at least my take on why .

I’m in my 50’s .... played and listened to music in some capacity for most of it . I’m not an expert or anything ( not even close ) lol . I played and had clarinet and saxophone lessons , dabbled in other woodwinds was in chorus , marching band , stage band , and a couple of musicals and Played drums up through high school , started drums around age 12 with weekly lessons from 14 -17. Was in bunch of garage bands from 16 on Up to my mid 20’s when all I did was drums ( no other instruments or singing ). And gigged on and off during this time . I’m pretty sure we even played on or two Kansas tunes. Stopped playing a kit late 20’s or early 30’s. But have played in a bagpipe band ( snare) on and off ( mostly on ) for 25,years. I enjoy and listen to all kinds of music and got back into the kit the last two years. So I’d say I’m a pretty “musical” person and can recognize talent when I see/ hear it . And I definitely hear it in your posted vids. I give you my whole backstory ( 🥱 🙄) because I think it applies and and is relevant to me saying ....... absolutely post ! You guys are fantastic ! And the fact that I like ( some) Kansas songs and was never really into them I think is saying something . I know the work it takes and time and effort put in to make everything sound good and to do what you guys have done and do. You guys have put in some serious work and it shows . Love to see musicians
( definitely what all of you are) pull this off . When I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate music that isn’t an absolute favorite of mine
( remember I like them but never really into them ) I know you’ve done your job and done it well . So , take a bow sir ! The band is tight ! Sound is great ! Job well done ! I’d rather listen to well played music that I just Kinda like by talented musicians than music that I love or I’m more into by a band that is just so/so . Dust In the Wind up next 🤷🏻‍♂️? . Sure !!!!! This half assed musician will listen ....and enjoy 👍🏻

And damn if it doesn’t look like you got Robert Duvall playing keys lol 😂

Last edited:

lefty2

Platinum Member
Wow that's quite a compliment, thank you. We definitely had some loose ends here and there and it could have been a lot tighter had we had rehearsals with the whole band. We only had one rehearsal with the keyboard player. We live in Kansas most of us around Wichita and our keyboard player lives in Texas now. That's why we didn't have many rehearsals with him. I think we had four rehearsals without the keyboard player. So all things considered, I think we did pretty darn good. I know I was happy with most of my performance. I'm glad you enjoyed the video

Macarina

Silver Member
Simply awesome. I've been a fan of Kansas since day one.
Your band does an amazing job of covering such a unique sounding band. Props to all the players and singer. Spot on.
I'd go see you if you came to my town.

Agree with Over50... keep posting.

lefty2

Platinum Member
Simply awesome. I've been a fan of Kansas since day one.
Your band does an amazing job of covering such a unique sounding band. Props to all the players and singer. Spot on.
I'd go see you if you came to my town.

Agree with Over50... keep posting.
Thank you we were all big Kansas fans ourselves