KANSAS People Of The South Wind band cover

lefty2

Platinum Member
Another great performance! Is this a board mix?
Thank you. Yes it's a board mix. I was really disappointed when I heard what my Tom's sound like. I was suspicious during sound check that they needed to be muffled or dampened , and I asked the sound man , he said no they sound fine. I told him I had moongel and whatnot he said no it's fine. Well I beg to differ LOL just a touch of dampening would have went a long way

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Another great performance-very solid and clean drumming on your part Lefty that's just perfect for this song-nice accents! Don't stop posting now LOL.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you. Yes it's a board mix. I was really disappointed when I heard what my Tom's sound like. I was suspicious during sound check that they needed to be muffled or dampened , and I asked the sound man , he said no they sound fine. I told him I had moongel and whatnot he said no it's fine. Well I beg to differ LOL just a touch of dampening would have went a long way
Honestly, I don't think I would have dampened your toms. Perhaps just a very light gate treatment, but nothing more than that. Pity there wasn't a room capture just to give it all a bit more spread & live dirt,

gdmoore28

Gold Member
I agree with your sound guy about your tom sound. You need to trust his ear more, because those toms had just the right mix of impact and tone.

The whole band is killing it, but I must send kudos to your vocalist. He did a fantastic job on some very challenging vocals. He's good.

GeeDeeEmm

lefty2

Platinum Member
I agree with your sound guy about your tom sound. You need to trust his ear more, because those toms had just the right mix of impact and tone.

The whole band is killing it, but I must send kudos to your vocalist. He did a fantastic job on some very challenging vocals. He's good.

GeeDeeEmm
Well to me the Tom's sound a little too gongy. Just a little too much ring going on there. The singer that was with us in the 80s when we were a band was actually a little better than this guy. He was in the audience in fighting cancer and we put on that concert to raise money for him. And I agree the vocalist that night was great. We all had a blast. Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited: