Just wanted to say thank you!

R2112

Silver Member
Hello all. My name is Clint. I've been a drummer for almost 30 years. However, I took about 10 years off due to life changing, traveling a ton because I was a competition rock climber, then becoming a firefighter / paramedic, having kids...yada, yada, yada. Over the last few years I've come back to my love and passion of playing. I took playing the drums for granted when I was younger because it came relatively easy to me. Never had lessons. I could just play whatever I heard and had a blast playing in bands and performing drum solos. I never practiced rudiments, technique and never learned how to read music...that was all too boring. I've regretted that immature mindset I had and taking my ability to play drums for granted. Now I have a much more mature, humble view and deep appreciation of playing. I've been a member here not for very long but I've visited this site often for the past few years and have learned so much. I wanted to say thank you to all you members. Your vast knowledge, experience and humble understanding and respect of virtually every aspect and nuance of this incredible gift to play the drums is second to none. By reading so many of your posts over so many different issues I've come to see how much I didn't know about drumming and how much there is to learn. I've fallen in love with drumming all over again as I first did when I was 13. This site and its members are a big part of that. I'm happy and honored to be a member here. I just wanted to say thank you to you all. Never forget that what you say does matter and can help and can make a difference to others...it has with me. :)

Hello all. My name is Clint... I just wanted to say thank you to you all. Never forget that what you say does matter and can help and can make a difference to others...it has with me. :)

Ok, now buzz off Pearty fan.

Just kidding Clint...

Yes this forum is a gem, I am a better drummer for it, this place is a goldmine for advices, techniques, friendship and all things related to drumming, this place feels like home, thanks to every single members, except that Matt Bo Eder guy... (another give a "hard time" to buttstrap Eder plan)

Ok, now buzz off Pearty fan.

Just kidding Clint...

Yes this forum is a gem, I am a better drummer for it, this place is a goldmine for advices, techniques, friendship and all things related to drumming, this place feels like home, thanks to every single members, except that Matt Bo Eder guy... (another give a "hard time" to buttstrap Eder plan)

Lol!

Pearty fan??? I have no idea what you're talking about... ;-)

Welcome to the clan. I'm not sure how many of these guys climb rocks but myself and the other mods have put out plenty of fires.

Welcome to the clan. I'm not sure how many of these guys climb rocks but myself and the other mods have put out plenty of fires.

Lol, I can understand!

Thank you, it's an honor to be apart of this clan :)

Hello all. My name is Clint. I've been a drummer for almost 30 years. However, I took about 10 years off due to life changing, traveling a ton because I was a competition rock climber, then becoming a firefighter / paramedic, having kids...yada, yada, yada. Over the last few years I've come back to my love and passion of playing. I took playing the drums for granted when I was younger because it came relatively easy to me. Never had lessons. I could just play whatever I heard and had a blast playing in bands and performing drum solos. I never practiced rudiments, technique and never learned how to read music...that was all too boring. I've regretted that immature mindset I had and taking my ability to play drums for granted. Now I have a much more mature, humble view and deep appreciation of playing. I've been a member here not for very long but I've visited this site often for the past few years and have learned so much. I wanted to say thank you to all you members. Your vast knowledge, experience and humble understanding and respect of virtually every aspect and nuance of this incredible gift to play the drums is second to none. By reading so many of your posts over so many different issues I've come to see how much I didn't know about drumming and how much there is to learn. I've fallen in love with drumming all over again as I first did when I was 13. This site and its members are a big part of that. I'm happy and honored to be a member here. I just wanted to say thank you to you all. Never forget that what you say does matter and can help and can make a difference to others...it has with me. :)
Hello, what a nice intro post. I am curious to know if the drumming comes just as easily to you now, as it did when you were younger. If so, that's wonderful. :)

Welcome to the forum. I happen to be brand new here, as well, and like you, I patiently waited 3 years to say hello. Or at least it felt like 3 years. Might have been just 3 days. :D

Hello, what a nice intro post. I am curious to know if the drumming comes just as easily to you now, as it did when you were younger. If so, that's wonderful. :)

Welcome to the forum. I happen to be brand new here, as well, and like you, I patiently waited 3 years to say hello. Or at least it felt like 3 years. Might have been just 3 days. :D

Hi Elle! That's a great question. I used to play all the time. Many hours a week. So I used to feel pretty comfortable moving around on the kit. After taking off all those years I find that my rhythm and timing is still there but my hands and feet don't seem to move as freely as they used to...or as freely as I want them to lol. I feel it's all just a part of my maturing process tho. Just humbly thankful that I can play. I'm motivated now to get that comfortable feeling back but by focusing more on developing all around better technique. Learning to play smarter ;-)

Lol...well, whether it was 3 days or 3 years, I'm glad you finally said hello and joined in the fun. Nice to meet a fellow newbie :)

Welcome Clint! Like you I've lurked around here for about 2 years before posting. It's fun getting to know all the players and characters. Fet like I've been on the journey along with them in this forum. There's such a vast collection of knowledge here! Definitely made me a better drummer. Have fun enjoy your stay, and we love to see pictures of drums!

Hi Elle! That's a great question. I used to play all the time. Many hours a week. So I used to feel pretty comfortable moving around on the kit. After taking off all those years I find that my rhythm and timing is still there but my hands and feet don't seem to move as freely as they used to...or as freely as I want them to lol. I feel it's all just a part of my maturing process tho. Just humbly thankful that I can play. I'm motivated now to get that comfortable feeling back but by focusing more on developing all around better technique. Learning to play smarter ;-)

Lol...well, whether it was 3 days or 3 years, I'm glad you finally said hello and joined in the fun. Nice to meet a fellow newbie :)

Ok, it was three days. I checked. But wait... wait... wait. There's a maturing process? Count me out!

Nice to meet you as well, and it sounds like you've still got the drumming. I should have started 30 years ago. Too bad I'm not a planner. :)

Ok, it was three days. I checked. But wait... wait... wait. There's a maturing process? Count me out!

Nice to meet you as well, and it sounds like you've still got the drumming. I should have started 30 years ago. Too bad I'm not a planner. :)

Maturing...to a point lol. Yes, planning can be overrated...sometimes it's cool to just sit back and feel where the rhythm takes you. :)

Right now I'm just sitting back and simply enjoying the amazing tones of these Ludwigs.

Back