Just switched to a 2 leg hi hat. No more 3 leg.

ardvark666

Well I just got a DW8000 2 leg hi hat stand to replace my DW5000 3 leg stand. I was playing barefoot and I smashed my pinky toe into the 3 legger for the last time. I really like my DW5000 but I got a great deal on an 8000 on ebay so here I go. Hopefully my double bass will be easier too. Anyone have the 8000 series hi hat stand? If so whaddya think?

Drifter in the Dark

Silver Member
I've never played the 8000, but I have played both the 9000 and 5000. They both have super-smooth pedal action and they're built like a tank. The only downside to a 2-leg stand is that it tends to wobble a lot if you set up your kit on soft carpet. Let us know how it works out for you!

Class A Drummer

Pioneer Member
I just got a DW 5000 (or 5500 i forget) 2 legged pedal yestarday. Its alot easier to set up my drums now. Im terrible at setting up hi hat stands though, i think i did it wrong because the bottom hi hat moves around and stuff a little bit. Im gonna have to mess around w/ it but overall i like it alot more than my crappy cb 3 legger.

edit- fixed the problem.

Last edited:

Infernal Valkyrie

I had a DW 5000 3 leg and now I've had a yamaha 2 leg for a couple years.
What I do is set it up like a 3 leg (leg on the left, leg in the center) except on the other side its clear. I've never had a problem with it not being stable. When I push down on the hihat pedal, yeah it wobbles once. Other than that it never moves.

ardvark666

Yeah, I never used a 2 leg at my house. The others that I have played were on hard surfaces and a drum riser that was outdoor carpet stuff. But I do have carpet in my music room. Hopefully it will be stable enough. But I cant take the 3 leg one getting in the way anymore. Even though you can swivel the 3 legs there is always one that is in the way. And if I kick it barefooted one more time I'm going to throw it through the window. Well maybe not since it is a nice stand. But I might give it another hard talkin to.