Just signed up on bandmix.com

J-Boogie

Gold Member
Hopefully someone in my area (Bmore, MD) is looking for a drummer who loves to and lives to play. Wish me luck, its time I get back out there and share this otherworldly gift that has been bestowed upon me, its a burden, its a burden. Wish me luck...

Apparently, I signed up on BandMix.com a few years ago and just recently one person got in touch with me. I'm currently playing with this new band and they're nice guys. when they got in touch, I told them I had no idea I was on BandMix.com! It completely slipped my mind.

Greeeeat....if it took a few years for a pro to get a call, Im sure my phone will be ringing off th.....hang on phones ringing lol

Wishing you the best success. Report back time to time and let us know if you get good, bad or indifferent results.

I signed up on Bandmix years ago, decided I couldn't commit to playing and decided to see my stuff. A couple of months ago, I decided that I'd try and start playing again, and started looking for a kit on ebay. As if by magic an email dropped into my hotmail from a band the next town over looking for a drummer via bandmix. Weird.

Been playing with them about 5 weeks now, didn't even have a kit at the first practice we had to go to a studio and rent one. It's going well so far, turns out I'd done a couple of gigs with the vocalist in our previous bands back in 2002-3ish.

Interesting! I just registered...

How long until I'm a Rock Star???

I've been on there for a few years. I use it as a tool to find subs now, but when I signed up originally, I was putting together a band and was able to find 5 of the 10 band members we eventually brought on from the site. I'm in the Cincinnati area so we have a decent music scene and Bandmix helped compliment the Facebook musicians' groups I'm in.

Wishing you the best success. Report back time to time and let us know if you get good, bad or indifferent results.

Thank you Macarina!! Haven't heard a peep yet. Had to put my cymbal purchase project on hold too, chose to take a nice long weekend getaway instead. Got passes to Sunfest in Palm Beach Florida....hit me up if anyone's going and wanna say hello, grab a beer, talk shop whatever. Crazy lineup of mostly stuff I know nothing about lol

https://www.sunfest.com/

But hopefully I can find something soon, I dont play now and im ready to play again!!! DEFINITELY gona be jamming with my buddies all weekend...hit me up to get involved in that too if any desire, the more the merrier...

I signed up on Bandmix years ago, decided I couldn't commit to playing and decided to see my stuff. A couple of months ago, I decided that I'd try and start playing again, and started looking for a kit on ebay. As if by magic an email dropped into my hotmail from a band the next town over looking for a drummer via bandmix. Weird.

Been playing with them about 5 weeks now, didn't even have a kit at the first practice we had to go to a studio and rent one. It's going well so far, turns out I'd done a couple of gigs with the vocalist in our previous bands back in 2002-3ish.

Thats awesome, hope your having a blast! Thats what I want, I want that! Cleanup up my life recently and now Im happy and want to get busy living, you know. And the need/desire to play is bubbling over!!

Interesting! I just registered...

How long until I'm a Rock Star???

DUDE.....you're already a rock star!! You'll simply become more rock starier than you currently are. Its in the manual, is everyone reading the manual? I dont have time for this!

Sorry a lil manic these days, Ill try to tone it down a notch.

Any day now....any day....I can feel it! (waits by the phone...) Gosh I hope I dont put too many of you out of work when Im discovered. Let's never let this come between us.

I sure hope me saying I have Meg White skills helped me!!!

I joined Bandmix in May of 2014 and have had several emails of interest, tried out for a couple bands-one they were interested but I wasn't, and the other I was interested but it was just terrible. I had been gigging pretty steady but have taken a hiatus now for about three years-actually the more I think about it I joined Bandmix shortly after quitting gigs. I think it was therapeutic like I was still in the game but actually really I've been on the fence. LOL really funny more I think about it. It's like the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I was tired of missing New Year's eve and other festivities with my wife-and the band quit practicing as we'd just send a playlist for a gig then meet and play it-so didn't feel I was in a band. I miss it as much as I complained.

Thats awesome, hope your having a blast! Thats what I want, I want that! Cleanup up my life recently and now Im happy and want to get busy living, you know. And the need/desire to play is bubbling over!!

Cheers, yeah loving it. We've got about 40 mins worth of live material pretty tight so it's time to start looking for gigs now.

Doing a T-shirt giveaway on Facebook at the moment to try and build up a bit of a following in advance. UK only due to postage!

https://www.facebook.com/Between-St..._7W_qzSVZGtJdnxqOmqOfiNK2mqOSdjyEAUjI&fref=nf

Give us a follow :)

NB - If you give the EP a listen its not me playing on there.

I don't know about you, but Bandmix for Chicago has not been very productive. I've had better luck with Craigslist, but whatever works for you.

I've had no luck thus far, but that might be ok as I dont have cymbals yet. Figured Id keep a mic next to my face to vocalize cymbal crashes and hh/ride. Or just beat box. Ill leave singing to the singers, sang this weekend and now Ive been hoarse for 4 days, wish they chose a different coarse.

Nice Prawny...sounds like you def have enough material to start gigging! The fun part!!

Indeed, can't wait. Researching how to put emails together to get gigs today, rather than working...

In other news, the bands first rough recording with me on went on youtube today, just from a gopro in the corner of the rehearsal room but sounds ok to me.

https://youtu.be/5V7F4aVHnyU

Back