Just signed up :D

Yeah I love them! I'm running them by ear as I am a perfectionist they should turn out well, alot of trial and error.. Will proberbly be tweaking every now and then for a while till they are perfect!

And yeah I ain't buying nothing from out of UK, will proberbly charge me like £100-200 at the door if they check the contents! There are some on eBay for £575 delivered from UK so I'm saving! Should be not too long into the new year as I'm good at saving :D

Great - I also only tune by ear. I have contemplated getting a drum dial but only as a way to get things in the ball park quicker before fine tuning by ear. I think it's all part of the fun though - being up close and personal with the drums.

What tuning are you doing on them - high/low?

Also - what bearing edges do these use? Single cut or double cut?

I didn't realise you were UK based - I thought you were buying from the UK to the US. What cymbals are included in that deal?

I like a non resonant sound.. So I think I tune mine mid range.. To the point where they are tuned evenly and resonating just a little, gives a great raw sound.. For the hyperdrive ones they are thinner so I tune them slightly lower, and the floor tons slightly higher so when moving round the kit it all sounds evenly spaced, positive sounding tones

If by bearing edge you mean the edge of the drum the wad sits on, I think with the superstar hyperdrives i think they are double cut..

And ahh right I see what you mean :)
The pack includes
K 14" Hi-hats
K 20" Ride
K Dark Thin 16"
Free K Dark Thin 18"
For £575!
Over £1k of cymbals!

All must be the best sounding cymbals I've heard on the Zildjian site and demos on YouTube
Can't wait till I get them :D

Nice - I'd love to have a play with some nice K cymbals. You're confident that you won't break those 'thins'? ;)

Haha you make me feel a bad drummer! Although in all fairness, they have had a beating.. I've been drumming much more carefully/gentle than usual, to prepare for the arrivel! ;)

Bass drum head change sounds like a good plan to me.. I like quite a non resonant sound, like a good rock THUD! I cut out a hole in the front and stuck a pillow in and it sounds great for what it is..
Don't forget, Bonham had no port and no pillow in his bass drum and tuned high-ish. What you hear as ringy doesn't necessarily carry

Back