Just recorded a new song, Lemme know what you Think

brittc89

Pioneer Member
I'm not gonna lie here, I think I heard a bong rip at the beginning, and if I did, it was kinda tasteless and definitely tainted my whole view of what was going on. I guess that's always something to keep in mind? But I could be wrong about what I heard...

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I'm not gonna lie here, I think I heard a bong rip at the beginning, and if I did, it was kinda tasteless and definitely tainted my whole view of what was going on. I guess that's always something to keep in mind? But I could be wrong about what I heard...

For all you know it could have tasted delicious. Why would you let something so dumb get in your way of listening? Don't be so negative.

As for the song, I think it dragged a bit, but there was some cool sections. Good female vox. I would speed up the song as a whole for a bit more energy... Both the bass and drums sounded a bit thin in the mix, but that can be fixed. Also, the bong rip is way too far down in the mix and it's not clear what it is to the judgmental folks here on the board who let that color their view of the whole song as if you're doing something terrible to them personally by having that sound there.

It's a non mixed cut almost right out of the studio, so level adjustments do need to be made I completely agree there. Yes it is a bong noise, it's a song about marijuana so that's kind of a given. As far as tempo goes I like it as is, it's nice and laid back and that's definately more my comfort zone, that and almost every other song we have is a faster tempo. I appreciate the constructive criticism so far.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
It's a non mixed cut almost right out of the studio, so level adjustments do need to be made I completely agree there. Yes it is a bong noise, it's a song about marijuana so that's kind of a given. As far as tempo goes I like it as is, it's nice and laid back and that's definately more my comfort zone, that and almost every other song we have is a faster tempo. I appreciate the constructive criticism so far.

Makes sense. Probably would have kept my mouth shut had I known it wasn't mixed at all and raw. I bet when you get things at the levels that make more sense, it will sound more full and less like it needs a bit more speed for energy.

ProFTW

The vocals are definitely the strong point here
the drums drag on a bit tempo vise - the kick is all over the place which kinda ruins it for me tbh :p

Makes sense. Probably would have kept my mouth shut had I known it wasn't mixed at all and raw. I bet when you get things at the levels that make more sense, it will sound more full and less like it needs a bit more speed for energy.

It's cool man, just speaking your mind. And it's kinda my bad for not saying when I posted it that it was unmixed.

opentune

Platinum Member
Hey I learned what a 'bong rip' is. lol

Great effort.
Taste wise - I too thought the tempo could have come up. Really nice sounding snare, but your bass drum sounds clicky, and all attack, to my ears. The middle solo was right on but the bassists part following along was way too busy.

Hey I learned what a 'bong rip' is. lol

Great effort.
Taste wise - I too thought the tempo could have come up. Really nice sounding snare, but your bass drum sounds clicky, and all attack, to my ears. The middle solo was right on but the bassists part following along was way too busy.

The snare was about the only drum I had anything to do with. I tuned it up real quick before we started rolling, I recorded on a pearl masters I believe, the engineer had it tuned to his preferences, not that the sound is horrible, just not enough warmth, of course I regularly play a 26 and I recorded on a 22, so bit of a sound difference.

Last edited: