Just Put New Heads On...

SomeBadDrummer

Not in Atlanta area or Georgia that I'm aware of. We have a few chains like GC and Ken Stanton music that focus on mainstream guitars with a limited selection of new drum stuff aimed at the masses. A few general music stores still around (including my go-to Music-Go-Round) but this was the last of drum shops which closed in 2017 after nearly 40 years in business. Shopped here since I was 16 (almost since they opened).
Video might have killed the radio, but the internet killed the drum shop 😢

View attachment 97351
How many oysters have to be opened before you find your choice of drumkit? Approximately?

TJK

Not in Atlanta area or Georgia that I'm aware of. We have a few chains like GC and Ken Stanton music that focus on mainstream guitars with a limited selection of new drum stuff aimed at the masses. A few general music stores still around (including my go-to Music-Go-Round) but this was the last of drum shops which closed in 2017 after nearly 40 years in business. Shopped here since I was 16 (almost since they opened).
Video might have killed the radio, but the internet killed the drum shop 😢

View attachment 97351
Where I ordered my Ludwig 9pc rocker set from in 1989

drumnut87

very nice :) if they work for you then they work! :D

Love premier drums, but since they got took over and shut down the UK factories theyve become so frikkin hard to get or even see about these days.

iCe

Is it the Limited Edition Pearl Kapur snare drum?
I have that one too and IMO the best snare I've ever owned/played.

The Prof

Yeah it is, it's a great snare for sure. Picked it up on Craigslist on a whim and it's been in the snare rotation ever since. Then again, my rotation only consists of a choice of 5 snares haha.

MntnMan62

I know how you feel. Putting new heads on a kit is like having a new kit altogether. I recently put Pinstripes on mine after 40 years of using one set of Evans Hydraulics. They look so good now and I love the "new" sound.