Just for fun!

Can you let me know the brand and wall of cardboard box you used (it sounds like top end triple wall recycled to these ears), and did you use any dampening to facilitate the use of internal mics in the rubber ball?:unsure: ;) Great job mate...sounds awesome.(y)?

Can you let me know the brand and wall of cardboard box you used (it sounds like top end triple wall recycled to these ears), and did you use any dampening to facilitate the use of internal mics in the rubber ball?:unsure: ;) Great job mate...sounds awesome.(y)?
(1)Is one of my Road-bike cardboard box that i found in my store.I just cut it a use one side of it to play it as "Drum"(2)No dampening on the Cardboard.I just find a "Right-spot" just to get a nice Bass-drum sound.(3)I use Children Toy Soft rubber ball and attached it to a old drum stick(The normal drum Mallet abit hard on the cardboard...doesn't sound good the Bass drum).I just use one normal dynamic mic to capture the drum sound! Thanks alot for your kind words.

(1)Is one of my Road-bike cardboard box that i found in my store.I just cut it a use one side of it to play it as "Drum"(2)No dampening on the Cardboard.I just find a "Right-spot" just to get a nice Bass-drum sound.(3)I use Children Toy Soft rubber ball and attached it to a old drum stick(The normal drum Mallet abit hard on the cardboard...doesn't sound good the Bass drum).I just use one normal dynamic mic to capture the drum sound! Thanks alot for your kind words.
It’s honestly great mate, loved it! (y) :D

You've been awful quiet lately, I wondered what you've been up to. Good to see you back. (y)
Thanks Wildbill...ya...i really slow down on my mini drum building,Due to my finger joint and hand feel pain and uncomfortable after completed my drum project(those day,i don't even have this problem......may be i am getting old hahahaha)and it take about 2 weeks to recover(one of me old friend who is Guitar maker also have this problem....he told me is very normal).Last year i was facing some health issue(1)Urine blood(2)spend 2 nights in Hospital....due to Mild-stroke(lucky,when my son send me to Hospital.....i try to move my fingers and legs...yea.....it still can move..mean i still can play and build drum after i came up from the hospital).Have to take Medicine and visit my doctor every 4 months! i cut down on perfroming now...but i am more on my keyboard composing songs for new singers to sing(she will write her own lyrics)all the drum/percussion track still done by me...which i am enjoying now.Those video that i share are all taken during 3 months lock down time.Can't go out(police/Army here and there road block,checking etc)that's how i try to keep positive and have some fun for myself to play drum just using anything from the house.Last 2 weeks i just redo my Mondo Snare again......my next project may be Mondo Kick!!!! hahaha.Once again...thanks everyone here.Take care and keep on drumming.

Last edited:
Back