Just Being Honest

Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

The solution is relatively simple. If you don't want something you've posted on the internet to be circulated, then don't post it.
I think a lot of people haven't really come to grips with this yet, or thought it through.
It's a bizarre, otherworldly action to think something, type it out, and then send it into a system that makes it available for all to scrutinize.

Of course that does nothing to stop the massive amount of data mining that occurs each time you visit the internet - not here specifically, whether you post anything or not.
That is truly mind boggling.

But hey - this forum is about drums, so we're all good. ?

Last edited:
I rarely visited the site on my iPhone8 because the old forum wasn't optimized, I literally saw a full page on the screen and had to zoom-in to see specific info. But I just logged-in, and it seems to be fine in terms of the layout. I haven't explored any other features using the phone yet. However, as I type this on my laptop, I see that the reply box on my phone is also showing this response as I'm typing! :oops: I also cleared the phone's browser, closed and reopened it, and used my shortcut to access the forum again, and it retained my login info.

I do notice some typing issues on my laptop, such as not being able to italicize or bold type, and having some erratic Delete Key problems (whereas the Backspace key always works to delete text.) Maybe because I'm using IE? Also having to wait for an email each time I access the site, to get a code for 2-step verification. That's happened twice in a row, and is already a GIANT objection for me.

As for info being shared to other sites, the responses are correct. It happens easily - whether manual or automatic - and isn't exclusive to the new software. If there's a comment or especially an image that shouldn't be out there, then it shouldn't appear anywhere.

Bermuda

Last edited:
Please........don't leave. You are one of my favourite members here. I really, REALLY dig your posts and you always have intelligent things to say.

I don't want to lose any of my drumming brothers and sisters because of the new forum.........that goes for EVERYBODY!

You all hearing me about this?

I feel the same man, don't go.

Also, it's the members here that would do any sharing on FB. Right? OK maybe you get the odd drifter, but the chances of him taking one of your posts and putting it up on FB seems too small to worry about. If you really don't want your posts on FB, the more you bring it up, the more likely someone will post your stuff on FB just because you are so vocal about it. That's what I am thinking. Maybe we could, as a group, as a courtesy, respect those who never ant any posts here to go anywhere else. You are the first on the list my man.

Last edited:
Nope :)

I'll second that one mate. There's like 3 metal heads on this forum- I need all the help I can get!

Haha #metaldrummersmatter, take that social media!

That's very nice of you - thanks a lot...
B.

Please don't take my griping personally. I do like that it's much faster, and i don't have to rotate my phone and zoom in anymore. I have also figured out how to skip to a page. I get a drop down box and just type in the page. Logging in has gotten more consistent also.
It was public before. Google DrumHeads and there will be a link to many DW posts. I found this site years ago when I typed in DW Drums. Looking for Drum Workshop but it also lead to the Drummerworld site. One can copy and paste any info on any page and post it to Facebook, Twitter et. al. Once the info is out there it is out there. As for finding threads, at the top and bottom of multi-page threads is a box with all of the numbered pages. If you want the first click on the first [1], if you want the last click on [54] or whatever. The snare page has 1001 posts with multiple pages listed. Click the desired page.

Drummers search for drum stuff, not politicians, preachers, etc. If they have social media, they might see something and take it the wrong way. That's why I don't like the share button.

I've sorted the page select
I feel the same man, don't go.

Also, it's the members here that would do any sharing on FB. Right? OK maybe you get the odd drifter, but the chances of him taking one of your posts and putting it up on FB seems too small to worry about. If you really don't want your posts on FB, the more you bring it up, the more likely someone will post your stuff on FB just because you are so vocal about it. That's what I am thinking. Maybe we could, as a group, as a courtesy, respect those who never ant any posts here to go anywhere else. You are the first on the list my man.

Glad your here Uncle Larry! Wasn't looking forward to breaking you out of the nut house, but woulda in an instant!

I like that idea and appreciate it, I really do.

Any integration with FBook, twitter, instagram, etc is going to be a loser.

If I were willing to patronize any of these organizations, I wouldn't have needed to subscribe/register for this forum.

On the other hand, let me know if there will be Tinder integration, and I will update my profile accordingly.

..I am quite disappointed with the new forum. If I'm being completely honest, I think it sucks..

Just being honest, thats the title of this thread and in that case i think everyone should be allowed to be completely honest..

And, if i am completely honest, i think this thread sucks..

The forum has a million more options than before, looks way better and then a fuzz has to start about a few social media buttons, which i am really not getting at all..There is no difference, i always have been able to share every post here on every social media i want..And besides that, most of us are here under a nickname anyway..I have no clue at all who most people are, even after reading all their messages more than 2 years..

And to threaten to leave a forum if this or that will not happen was also allready old news back in 2006..

Like i said, just being honest too..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There, my first use of the new smilies..

Last edited:
Just being honest, thats the title of this thread and in that case i think everyone should be allowed to be completely honest..

And, if i am completely honest, i think this thread sucks..

And to threaten to leave a forum if this or that will not happen was also allready old news back in 2006..

Like i said, just being honest too..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There, my first use of the new smilies..

No threat, just something I'm considering. If I was giving threats there would be an "or else" wedged in there.

I’m not so tech savvy in the first place , but I’m sure I’ll get used to the new format . Not always a fan of change at first , so takes me some time to settle in . I have noticed there seems to be more spam posts though . Am I wrong ??‍♂️. Anyone else notice an increase ?

I haven't hit that many spam posts, but I am only 1 of 3 doing such, and now it is so much easier. Three clicks, the spam thread, all of the spammers other threads, and the spammer banned. Gone.

I haven't hit that many spam posts, but I am only 1 of 3 doing such, and now it is so much easier. Three clicks, the spam thread, all of the spammers other threads, and the spammer banned. Gone.

Just thought I’d seen a few more than before

Nice ??. Must be much easier managing everything now ?

I have no ads to deal with, not sure about all o' that. And, I simply don't post personal info. The option of oldest post first has been fixed. Maybe it would be better to NOT use your phone? I don't have to use my phone to get here. No offense, but it's not that important.

Back