Just a little announcement...

PQleyR

Platinum Member
I've received some exciting news today...I have been invited to join the Dream Cymbals artist roster!

I'm not on the main site yet but there's a bio on the UK distributor's facebook page...but yes, I'm very pleased and just wanted to share this news with you all!

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
Great stuff, Ben!

I got your PM this morning. I'll send you a text sometime to sort out the arrangements for the LDS but the signal is terrible in my flat today so I'll have to wait until it improves.

Congratulations on your official relationship with Dream. I was wondering what had happened just the other day, I remembered you having a chat with the gentleman at the LDS all that time ago!

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations Ben! Nice to be getting the spoils of your recent ascent to near stardom ;) ;) ;)

Seriously, I can't imagine a more appropriate acquisition for the Dream brand, or indeed anyone who deserves it more. They can count themselves lucky to have such a high quality ambassador .

MikeM

Platinum Member
That's awesome! Though I'm a little disappointed you didn't pick up a tea endorsement. Maybe that's in the works? :)

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! Dream has some terrific cymbals for not much money, definitely the best value for the sound and quality! I've got a few in my collection... :)

Bermuda

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Seriously, I can't imagine a more appropriate acquisition for the Dream brand, or indeed anyone who deserves it more. They can count themselves lucky to have such a high quality ambassador .
As usual I have no idea what I've done to deserve all this praise but thank you very much!

Gosh, that's great - well done you! And what a very interesting bio, if I may say so.
You may say so! I spent literally weeks on that bio to try to make it interesting so I'm very glad you say that.

That's awesome! Though I'm a little disappointed you didn't pick up a tea endorsement. Maybe that's in the works? :)
Maybe I should get in touch with Mr Scruff about that? I'd love to have my own brand of tea. Or my own brand of gin, or some sort of absolutely disgusting herbal liqueur that nobody drinks but me.

Congrats! Dream has some terrific cymbals for not much money, definitely the best value for the sound and quality! I've got a few in my collection... :)

Bermuda
They're great aren't they! Which ones do you have?

hyruleherojoe

Wow thats awesome! You achieve what lots of drummers dream to do! I'm interested in buying some Dream cymbals. Which do you recommend for a funk/hard rock sound? Ive been interested in the Bliss series but I'm not too sure it would cut through.

Last edited:

Anon La Ply

Renegade
Heroic Fantasy Power Metal is a very different beast to Fantasy Power Metal, as different as Fastasy Death Metal is from ... anyway, the subsubsubgenre has a small but hardy following who have their own subculture, fashion, language and preferred means of passing. All heroic, of course.

Congrats Ben!

Edit: The writer of your bio forgot to mention your nose flute prowess with Ben & Amy.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Due to the recent rash of threads regarding kids getting involved in complex "pay to play" marketing scams disguised as endorsement deals, I am hoping you can post some more info as to how you landed this deal.

I think it would be nice to have some information that we can point these kids to and show them what a real artist ensorsement looks like.

Congratulations on the deal. Enjoy!

PQleyR

Platinum Member
Wow thats awesome! You achieve what lots of drummers dream to do! I'm interested in buying some Dream cymbals. Which do you recommend for a funk/hard rock sound? Ive been interested in the Bliss series but I'm not too sure it would cut through.
I'd suggest you have a look at the Energy series first, and probably Contact as well. It depends how dense the arrangements are that you want these cymbals to cut through, Bliss crashes would probably get slightly lost in a really dense mix for example. Still, worth trying everything to see how you feel about it. They're all beautiful cymbals.

Heroic Fantasy Power Metal is a very different beast to Fantasy Power Metal, as different as Fastasy Death Metal is from ... anyway, the subsubsubgenre has a small but hardy following who have their own subculture, fashion, language and preferred means of passing. All heroic, of course.

Congrats Ben!

Edit: The writer of your bio forgot to mention your nose flute prowess with Ben & Amy.
There may or may not be a tongue-in-cheek element to that genre name.
And I did forget the nose flute didn't I...

Due to the recent rash of threads regarding kids getting involved in complex "pay to play" marketing scams disguised as endorsement deals, I am hoping you can post some more info as to how you landed this deal.

I think it would be nice to have some information that we can point these kids to and show them what a real artist ensorsement looks like.

Congratulations on the deal. Enjoy!
Well, firstly I had a long conversation with Dream's european representative at the 2011 London Drum Show, and registered an interest then, explaining about Gloryhammer and what was planned at that point (that was very early days as far as the band went). Then a while afterwards I enquired about some sort of endorsement, but was told to hang on until we had a bit more going on (sensible, I think). Then more recently I had to get in touch with Dream's UK distributor Soar Valley Music in order to get a warranty replacement for one of my crash cymbals, and through conversations with them so ended up learning quite a bit about who I needed to talk to regarding an endorsement. SVM handle Dream's UK roster of artists, basically, and what I've got is what they call an Artist Support Deal, which involves fairly few obligations on my part (e.g. at least quarterly reports of what I'm up to), and in exchange for which I get a 33% discount on the list price for any Dream product. That's it really! They are certainly very careful about vetting potential endorsers.