Jonathan's back with a new Tool cover!!

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Hey Everyone!

After a 4 year hiatus, I've decided to start posting youtube videos with some regularity again! Last week I recorded a cover of Tool's "The Pot", as that song has a lot of personal meaning to me, and I keep getting hounded for another Tool cover. Here's the link for the video, I hope you all enjoy, and let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2EmxyRktg

-Jonathan

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yay!!! Great to have you back here again Jonathan. One of my very favourite "my playing" contributors. You know I'm not a fan of drum covers, but for you, I make an exception. I love your playing, your superb bass drum placement (a pet peeve of mine), the way you nail accents (deadly & musical), & your choices. This cover is no exception = superb!

What happened to the hair man?

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Thank you Andy, this means a lot coming from you! :)

As for the hair, I grew tired of it a while back (I cut it off not long after my last cover video that was posted) and so I cut it off. Plus, I can actually get a job this way. ;)

In regards to the cover thing, I have some plans for this channel to showcase more than just my ability to learn someone else's parts. Thanks for the support as always, and for an excellent selection of Guru drum videos.

-Jonathan

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Andy, this means a lot coming from you! :)

As for the hair, I grew tired of it a while back (I cut it off not long after my last cover video that was posted) and so I cut it off. Plus, I can actually get a job this way. ;)

In regards to the cover thing, I have some plans for this channel to showcase more than just my ability to learn someone else's parts. Thanks for the support as always, and for an excellent selection of Guru drum videos.

-Jonathan
no problem Jonathan, I just really enjoy your playing. You remind me very much of another one of my favourite forum members - Walle from Sweden.

DsDrummer

Awesome job! Really digged it. Subbed to your channel and I'm excited to see more. Tool's one of my favorite bands and it really did Carey's part justice. I'd really like to see a cover of Jambi or Lateralus if you could. Keep it up dude.