Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz here!

There was a petition on change.org over a year ago for the same thing, it stalled at about 20,000 signatures. Then again, there wasn't a TON of press about Al at that particular time!

I doubt a petition like that would have an effect on network, sponsor, or NFL decisions.
I agree Mr. Schwartz, I don't think the NFL is listening to a petition to find their feature for halftime, maybe they can work you in as an opener or ender or something like what they did with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I remember as a kid listening to "Living with a Hernia" and "Like a Surgeon" with my friends in our tree house. Weird Al has been around a long time and is in the heart of a lot of the NFL's target audience.
"Trapped at the Superbowl" a parady of "Trapped in the drivethru"?
I'd love to hear "Sports Song" at the Superbowl.
The petition won't do it alone, but it might help. Its up to 58k signatures now.

SteveSkyrm

Berm,

First - I think a weird Al halftime show is a great idea!!

Second - wanted to let you know that I still use the pair of sig sticks you gave me and my son after a Cleveland show at Nautica about 6 years ago. Nice sticks! My son kept the used ones. :)

Thanks again for all the great music.

Steve Skyrm

equipmentdork

Listened to the album again yesterday. Congratulations on it reaching #1! My girlfriend and I were saying "Well, it's about time they got a #1 album!"

If indeed Al does not make another album, way to go out on top!

Thanks for just being a really cool guy, with plenty of good advice. I hope someday you get the opportunity to do a clinic tour. I'd attend just to hear about how you duplicate all the sounds in the studio!

Dan

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dan! There'll be plenty more songs, just not a CD issued by a label.

Well, unless someone offers us a ZILLION DOLLARS!!

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
As soon as someone asks me! Are you asking? :)
I don't have a place to host a clinic. That would be great. I just remember you did one awhile back at a Sam Ash in Torrance or something. Just wondering if there are any more on the table for you. Thanks.

bermuda

Staff member
None right now, although most of my info that has any value is available here, in threads dealing with the music business, balancing relationships and day jobs with music, taxes and finances, touring, networking and promotion, and of course, endorsements. Sure, there's a little drumming in person, but that's never been the focus for me. Drummers can learn techniques and tricks of the trade from more capable players than I, but there aren't many guys talking about the ins & outs of being a professional musician. That's what I do, and I do it here just as easily as in person.

Bermuda

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
Drummers can learn techniques and tricks of the trade from more capable players than I, but there aren't many guys talking about the ins & outs of being a professional musician. That's what I do, and I do it here just as easily as in person.

Bermuda
That's for sure. I listened to the 'I'd Hit That' podcast that you did with that guy. Very informative and interesting conversation. Well, thanks for getting back to me.

8Mile

Platinum Member
Jon, are there any plans for a tour with the new CD? I know you guys have come through Detroit quite a few times over the past few years but I've been unable to attend and would like to change that next time.

bermuda

Staff member
We'll be on the road again starting in 2015. This was always going to be a year off since we'd toured the past 4 years.

Bermuda

8Mile

Platinum Member
Sounds great. Well, if you guys come through my neck of the woods, I will make plans to catch the show. I'm sure you guys have a busy itinerary when traveling, but I'd love to show you around town if there's any down time.

bermuda

Staff member
Just saw that, wow, live playing and singing, and it was at tempo and steady without a click (so the Don Pardo clip fit perfectly!) That was during my very brief Sonor phase (literally 3 months.) Worst drums I ever owned. Worst.

THE WORST!

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Just saw that, wow, live playing and singing, and it was at tempo and steady without a click (so the Don Pardo clip fit perfectly!) That was during my very brief Sonor phase (literally 3 months.) Worst drums I ever owned. Worst.

THE WORST!
You know they were bad if John didn't like them!

I'd never seen a clip/picture of you with Sonar before. I guess I still learn something new everyday!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I must tell a story if I haven't already. If I have just ignore me as you normally do. I went to the show when Al and the band were in my area. I had a seat in the third row, last seat on the left. The first row doesn't extend the width of the stage. The second row, wraps toward the stage on the end so you are almost as close as the first row. The third row is a little longer and also wraps toward the stage so I was maybe four feet from the stage. The show wasn't very old when I texted my daughter-in-law to tell her where I was. She said send some photos. I had taken a few and was sending those with my head down typing. I looked up and Al was leaning off the front of the stage literally in my face. I yelled boo, but scared the crap out of me, and oh boy was I embarrassed. I guess he didn't appreciate my not paying attention. I don't fault him. The phone stayed in my pocket the rest of the evening. Jon arranged for passes back stage afterward, and I attempted an apology. Never again.

bermuda

Staff member
Link not working, but yep - gonna be a pretty comprehensive tour this time, and where there are some obvious gaps, there are dates waiting to be announced. :)