Johnny Vidacovich appreciation thread

Johnny Vidacovich for me is a true legend (i'm sure i'm not the only one who think so), a music and drum pioneer, one of the greatest drum teachers ever, an icon...what more can i say? There isn't enough words to explain the influence this master has had on the drum world, i can't think of many other drummers that still alive that have been more influential than him. However, I think that he has not really been given the merits that he deserves, and it's a shame.
He should already be recognized as an hall of famer, not when he will be dead, only because i think it's important to "give them flowers while they live", if you know what i mean :))
At the age of 71 years old he still kicking asses and giving lessons about what it means to be a real musician in the true sense of the word, a role model...one for the books. Too bad the music and drum community will never be grateful enough to him for what he has done.

LET'S CELEBRATE HIM!

Attachments

Rock Salad

Hooray
Hooray
Hooray
For John Vidacovich!

He has a daily drumming and music history series he has been putting out on Facebook since lockdown, "A Message of Hope and Faith." Shout to Drummer's Resource for getting it out to a wider audience.