John Tempesta Snare

I've been looking into getting the Tama JT snare. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with one and what they used it for, how they found it and if it was worth persuing. Cheers kats✌

I play Glam metal and hard rock pretty much exclusively these days and I'm a very heavy hitter/belter. I love my snare I have at the moment but I need something with a bit more crack that isn't too ringy and shit sounding like a lot of those things brass snares. I need it to cut through so it needs to be between medium to loud but also needs to sound fat and punchy

IBitePrettyHard

It sounds like you want a Bell Brass snare.

This is a great video to get you started.

Thick steel or brass shells also sound great. They'll definitely cut through the mix. Also look at the Gretsch Brooklyn Steel and Brass snares. They're cheaper, but sound just as good.

This one sounds unreal

Last edited:
Thanks so much for that! Really appreciate it. I was also trying to work out what snare was used on the dr feel-good album. If you have any info on that as well that would be greatly appreciated.

SYMBOLIC DEATH

Thanks so much for that! Really appreciate it. I was also trying to work out what snare was used on the dr feel-good album. If you have any info on that as well that would be greatly appreciated.
This is a guess on my part, but given the time period, I'd guess it could be a Tama bell brass or a Horst Link Sonor signature. I could be way off on this, and I'm sure that the answer is somewhere on the interwebs.

BonsaiMagpie

Yamaha Birch Recording Custom and Hyrbid Oak Snares have a ton of crack, and particularly the Birch had no ring when I tried it out last wekk