John Riley here

Rhythm666

Hi Everyone. Hope you are all safe and healthy and using all this lockdown time to practice. I am!

Next week I'll be part of the great Kosa workshop and the week of July 20th I'll be part of the Manhattan School of Music Percussion workshop. Hope you check them both out.

Best,

John
Welcome here John,

Greets,
Stanford from the Netherlands

Last edited:

John Riley

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Hi John! Great books by the way!! Also enjoyed seeing you perform here in PDX last year, with the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra!!!

How long is your class? I'm thinking about signing up for the "Daily Observer" option at $125/day (didn't see an option for enrolling in just your class).

FYI, embedded link to the virtual summit from the PDF flyer:

Hi Rumbagirl, thanks for your kind words. My Kosa class is an hour on July 8 at 3pm Eastern time. My MSM class is July 21 at 5pm. Both are about an hour long.

Best,

John

rhumbagirl

Thanks for posting! I'm getting a low frame rate here, so the drum cam shot isn't showing much (about 2 frames a second). Audio is fine! I like the singles with Edu's left hand. Obviously he's making that the focus of the session, at least the first part (I haven't listened to the whole thing yet).

Mr Farkle

Hi Everyone. Hope you are all safe and healthy and using all this lockdown time to practice. I am!

Next week I'll be part of the great Kosa workshop and the week of July 20th I'll be part of the Manhattan School of Music Percussion workshop. Hope you check them both out.

Best,

John
Thanks for all of your teaching and books. I’ve been working through Bop and Beyond Bop. Both have been invaluable to me.

John Riley

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Hi Mr Farkle,

Thanks, glad the books are helpful. Be sure to listen to the suggested recordings to really get the flow of the music and you might find my DVD, The Master Drummer, helpful too.

Best,

John

dboomer

Hey John

Just wanted to say thanks for all your youtube videos. I’ve picked up a few new tricks thanks to you. Please keep them up, they are much appreciated.

Mr Farkle

Hi Mr Farkle,

Thanks, glad the books are helpful. Be sure to listen to the suggested recordings to really get the flow of the music and you might find my DVD, The Master Drummer, helpful too.

Best,

John
I do a lot of listening but I forgot about the list of recordings in the book. Thanks for the reminder. I didn’t know about your DVD. I’ll have to check that out!