John Bonham Snare on the bay

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
If Ludwig kept records of the drums it supplied to endorsee's with matching serial numbers as that drum has, maybe it would help to prove JB ownership at one time.
Bermuda, what do think of that idea?
Ludwig has always said they never kept track of serial numbers.

Serial numbers were only added by Ludwig so the the customer could keep track of their own drums.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I have a similar snare drum that was in the same country as John Bonham, when he was alive. That should be worth extra too right?

I wonder what Jason has to say about all this. Hmmmm.

Les, you are something else. Only you would think to lift prints! You slay me!

tamadrm

Platinum Member
it says it comes with auction house documentation and if the numbers match, its sounds like the real dael.
Which means nothing......Serial numbers were NEVER,associated with owners of drums.,so that piece of info is useless.

Steve B

Satch

Which means nothing......Serial numbers were NEVER,associated with owners of drums.,so that piece of info is useless.

Steve B
it means something if the owners prove the serial numbers came from his kit.
just like the swirl kit refurbished and sold by McFleetwood. it really was just hearsay that it was the kit owned by John according to your way thinking. Im not buying or selling this snare so I don't care if its real or fake, im just saying there is some documentation along with it from an auction house and that's usually enough for most collectors.