jogging and air drumming,

carlos riganti

I found this combination extremely rejoicing.
A couple of years ago, I saw a documentary about TAIKO drummers training in japan
While jogging they were doing exercises with the taiko drumsticks.
Nowadays I jog with my drumsticks practicing moeller movements and whatever comes to my mind. Its a wonderfull exercise and it really improves my internal clock, balance and centering.
Have anybody of you, tried something similar

Do you ever run into issues with straining any of your arm muscles or joints, due to getting no rebound from striking a drum or cymbal?

I've never gone for a run with my sticks. But, sometimes when I don't have time to jog, I'll do fast 16th single on my double pedal while practicing my rudiments. Does that count?

Cheers,
r

I've never gone for a run with my sticks. But, sometimes when I don't have time to jog, I'll do fast 16th single on my double pedal while practicing my rudiments. Does that count?

Cheers,
r

Didn't your mother ever tell you not to run with drum sticks?? LOL

i practice with sticks too! i've never jogged with them, but i may have to try that. i always have a pair in the garage and every now and again i take them and just play them. i like it.

it must help your timing because your running with a beat and staying on time with it so it helps everything

Thinking this might be a little advanced for me. I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time. I can just picture my face meeting the pavement real quick...nope, wouldn't be pretty...lol. An interesting concept though.

I don't jog - bad knees.

If I did I wouldn't go air drumming, I'd hate people to think I was playing with myself

I usually try to run to a rhythm - I sort of get my feet and hands into it so I can run at a steady pace.

I was just doing this last night at the gym. It also helps pass the time, as running on a treadmill is pretty boring,

Back