Joey Kramer

Awesome underrated drummer IMO, the 20 Second Snare solo in Train kept a Rollin is awesome. I have been trying to get there and not even close yet. I believe it is single strokes at about 190 for about 20 seconds, closest I can get is about 165 right now. I have seen a few cover bands do it a few times, 1 band did this break and the drummer nailed it the other few bands I have seen do it just skipped over it. Not sure Joey can do it nowadays but back then my lord he was cookin. Check it out, starts about 2:14.
Definitely! One if the best covers of that all time classic song. Actually that song by Aerosmith had a lot to with getting me into playing. Back in the day when they played it live Joey would play that fill with his hands. Pretty cool.
Is it just a stamina thing with you playing it?

Definitely! One if the best covers of that all time classic song. Actually that song by Aerosmith had a lot to with getting me into playing. Back in the day when they played it live Joey would play that fill with his hands. Pretty cool.
Is it just a stamina thing with you playing it?
I don't think it is stamina as much as the speed, playing the 16th note singles while accenting 1,2,3,4 at that speed is just out of my range. I never had to play that fast and am finding it surprisingly more challenging than I thought when I heard it.

Back