Joey Jordison

Also worth saying that "best" and "favorite" are two TOTALLY different things. You can't claim that Joey is the most technically adept player in the world, but if he's your favorite... how can anyone tell you that you're wrong? Whatever he's doing hits YOUR ear just right.

Ok. Joey is a great drummer. He has more fans than everyone on here combined. Is Joey the best? No? Then who is? Eric Singer? Roy Mayorga? Theyre sure not the best but they sure are great at what they do. So if you have the balls to bash any drummer out there, take your buisness somewhere else cause no one here wants to hear it. Personally joey is my favorite drummer out there. Partly because of his skill but mostly because his drumming is worth listening to, and his style is un-beatable. He is always interesting to watch and he is a genuine musician. How many people can do what he can do? Not many, thats for sure.

Brian

Ok. Joey is a great drummer. He has more fans than everyone on here combined. Is Joey the best? No? Then who is? Eric Singer? Roy Mayorga? Theyre sure not the best but they sure are great at what they do. So if you have the balls to bash any drummer out there, take your buisness somewhere else cause no one here wants to hear it. Personally joey is my favorite drummer out there. Partly because of his skill but mostly because his drumming is worth listening to, and his style is un-beatable. He is always interesting to watch and he is a genuine musician. How many people can do what he can do? Not many, thats for sure.

Brian

Yeah, Joey is a good drummer but he isn't as great as a lot of people think he is. Still, i'd be happy if I could do what he does.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

gravy1.jpg

haha, my friend is obsessed with him. she showed me this aweosme video where he drums while he and his kit are like spinning around and upsidedown and stuff... freaking crazy man. yeah,

Yeah, it was "freaking crazy man." when Tommy Lee did it in the '80's too.
All you kids look up a band called MÖTLEY CRÜE - Thus begins your history lesson.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT STUF ABOUT JOEY?!!!!!!! He is great and I love him, I can't believe you can say that about him and the greatest band ever: SlipKnoT!!!

1. They're not "the greatest band ever"
2. (sic) means "the text was quoted directly from the original source",
it does not mean "sick".

2. (sic) means "the text was quoted directly from the original source",

As a history major I feel compelled to elaborate.

It means spelling incorrect.

It is to show that the historian copied it directly from the original source, including bad spelling, to show that the historian did not spell something incorrectly by accident.

(Sic)Chic means that he knows he's spelling 'Chic' wrong. Brilliant.

Why does a solo have to have a groove? If every solo had a groove then Drum Solo's would be pretty boring wouldn't they?

I've seen plenty of Buddy Rich or Tony WIlliams (to name 2) solo's without any sort of groove - not that I'm comparing Jordison with them, but you see my point...

A Tony Williams solo with no groove? When? Where? Everything this guy, as well as his contemporaries, ever played had a groove, an idea, a reinterpretation of the melody or something that they might had heard in another band members solo. Then it kind of builds on a theme, progresses, stretches out, maybe gets way out from the central "groove", but never totally abandons it. (whether you realize it or not) Then it all resolves, comes back to the theme, telepathy ensues between band members, everyone hits it right on the money and back into the tune. NEVER "O.K. I'll do a random count of double bass, now a double stroke roll over 7 toms, A sloppy blast beat, oh shucks, what was the tempo? I'll do those fast rolls again! What bar is this?"

As a history major I feel compelled to elaborate.

It means spelling incorrect.

It is to show that the historian copied it directly from the original source, including bad spelling, to show that the historian did not spell something incorrectly by accident.
Which is just more words to type what I said.

(Sic)Chic means that he knows he's spelling 'Chic' wrong. Brilliant.
It'd be "the chic [sic]..."

[sic] (or (sic) ) appears after the misspelt word(s)

Re: Joey Jordison - autographed cymbal f/s in Oz

To the Joey fans here this autographed cymbal might interest you:

I have a Zildjian 18" Z Custom China Boy cymbal (for sale) that was autographed by the man himself (Joey) during the Slipknot tour of Oz in 2005.

The cymbal is undamaged but needs a polish - I have left it "as is" to avoid marking the autograph. It sounds very typical of a Z custom china.

Please PM me if you're interested - I can provide pictures and am looking for $170AUD for this cymbal (plus freight).

i really like the ocdp kits that joey use to use especially the one he had on disasterpieces live london 2002 they sounded so good and the bass drums sounded perfect i also learnt allot from joey and was probebly how got to like slipknot cos when i first watched the heretic anthem live in london 2002 i was like who is this kid!!!! and at tue time i was into lars ulrich but when i saw that video it changed my musical styles and likings so much but full respect to lars cos i learnt so much by playing and listening. slipknot got me into other bands like slayer and later on korn and i couldnt believe it when i found out joey was playing for korn but i dont think he suited the band as well as david and now ray.so now im a ray luzier and korn fan but i might not have taken much notice in allot of bands if it wasnt for joey and slipknot.

i think i would vote ray luzier over joey cos joey kinda does allot of the same thing and it gets quite boring cos the heretic anthem i love that song and that was a song that joey put allot of speed into cos there wasnt many tracks with a continuos speed and durability on any other of slipknots albums but now hes got double bass all over the place on all hope is gone album where ray has so much variety and has more groove to it
im not saying joey is bad hes actually a realy good drummer all im saying is that theres so much groove

Super over rated drummer.
If your looking for metal drummers theres better. If your looking for better drummers in general theres tons.
I give the guy credit he got alot of kids into drumming, but at some point you understand double bass singles aren't so hard, and over used. It seems like an excuse to not develope musicality. I listened to alot of their stuff when i was in highschool and they were starting out/becomming big. It was always hard to tell what he was actually playing because you had the other percussion guys and a wall of sound. Alot of it sounded good, but then when i saw videos of him playing alone sounded mediocre. Hes a bit hesitant behind his drumkit too from some videos i watched.

just because someone has a ton of fans neither makes them good, or everyone else "jelly". That is such a stupid cliche. Joey isn't even in the same park as the best. He's like a local band drummer that got famous. Im sure theres better people on these forums.

It's a tragic irony that his aggressive double bass is what fanboys and haters alike focus on the most. Jordison's strength is creative, massive grooves that are both interesting and fitting.

Back