JOE MORRIS BAND VIDEO'S ARE HERE

Cheers Joe,

yes, I'm a positive guy. There's been enough challenges and crap in my life, so I regard being negative as a waste of time.

Good to read of your earlier band experiences. Actually, I got crapped on in both band & sideman settings back in the day. Those experiences were the main reason for me giving up playing. I've found that it's not the context (band, session, sideman, etc), it's the people. In my reincarnation years, I'm with a great group of guys. Mutual respect, sensitivity towards each other's circumstances, zero BS musical difference resolution, & a general vibe of empathy. Very difficult to find, as I'm sure you know.

Joe, it strikes me that you've found a similar situation. You've worked with these guys extensively. They're great players, you know what makes them tick, & that brings about a security & objectivity that's a perfect platform. More than that, the band relationship comes through in the music. The very fact that you'd be bothered about avoiding non paying gigs because of the needs of the band members, tells me much about you, & the respect you have for your "team".

Of course, let's get real here. There's no way your band would ever go out for $100 (well, perhaps the occasional quality charity bash), you're just too good for that. A different league my friend. Good luck with the project Joe, although I suspect you're unlikely to need it.

Keep it simple you and I need to have lunch. LOL!! Your awesome dude, you have great perspective's and I can't tell you how nice it is. Thanks so much for even reading my threads, or watching my vids. I really do from the heart appreciate it.

On another note I do $100 a night gigs sometimes. Why not, if someone calls and I'm not working or have other plans sure I will come out and play. I love playing!! So just so you are aware sure some nights I'm playing in front of no less than 2,500 people and making good money. Some nights I'm in cave creek arizona playing at a biker bar for $100. But yes of course on top of all that I am in the studio 5 days a week working at the Conservatory so I can't tell you how much that just rocks. !!!! Thanks again.

Joe

Thanks Joe, lunch it is. You attending the London Drum Show?

$100 / player / gig is about our average for a 5 piece band after all expenses/band fund contributions are taken into account. Sometimes we get lucky on the bigger gigs though. As the old saying goes, "we play for free, we get paid to haul gear"!

No I won't be at the London drum show? If you ever hit the states or I hit Europe we have to hang. deal?

I hear ya about hauling the gear, but there I am spoiled. Even on small gigs I have someone humping my stuff. I'm to old for that!!! lol

Joe

No I won't be at the London drum show? If you ever hit the states or I hit Europe we have to hang. deal?

I hear ya about hauling the gear, but there I am spoiled. Even on small gigs I have someone humping my stuff. I'm to old for that!!! lol

Joe
Ok Joe, official jealousy vibes from me towards you mate. On larger gigs my gear is hauled for me, on smaller gigs, I sometimes get help on the load in, & pretty much always on the load out. We have tow volunteer crew who hang with us for the vibe & beer money. I always set up & break down my kit though, irrespective of venue. I did have a part time tech back in the day, & oh boy do I value what he did now I'm old & screwed :) Now I'm a weekend warrior hack, & you're a quality pro, so we both get the package we deserve. I think we're exactly the same age, so I'm with you on the "too old to haul" thing.

As for hanging sometime, that would be an honour.

It would be my pleasure keep it simple. You always have quality positive things to say. Lunch is on me!!! Yea, and the getting old thing sucks when it comes to moving equipment but I must say as I get older I think I'm actually playing better. At least more tasteful and musical. Well I like to think that anyway. lol!!

And your not a hack, your a good player so let keep that positivity going, plus thos guru drums are sounding pretty good man. All my best

Joe

Joe, that's awesome! Especially "Chameleon" in 7. That's one of my favorite funk tunes, and doing it in 7 makes it sweeter. It almost makes it want to swing. Great playing by all!

Thanks Bernhard you the man!!! I'm honored!!! Such great drummers here and I'm proud to be one of them.

Also thanks keep it simple always appreciated.

and thanks Josh, I'm glad you dug Chameleon in 7. I think a lot of people are passing that video up because they don't realize we did it in 7. I'm really glad you liked it.

Also if your interested in the video's there are two short drum solo's. One at the end of St Augustine in Hell, and the other one at the end of Benshaw Swing. Just letting you drummers know. Not my best solo's ever but hey I only had one shot!!

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it. Much respect.

Joe

Would it be at all funny to ask if there a re drum less tracks available for those songs?

Maybe I had too many. Your playing is great- as a beginner I marvel at what appears to be a totally effortless sense of rhythm and time. Practicing 45 min a day despite running my business and raising 2kids and being husband to my wife. Too many beers that is.

Thats really a nice compliment toolate. Thanks very much. Sorry to say though no there are no drum less songs or play along songs to go with the video tunes.

The story behind those video's of my new band in short. We did all of it in 55 minutes. One take a tune. That's all we had time for. Trust me if we had more than one take I would have done better solo's . LOL!!! The video editing and mixing of the tunes from a live board mix took some time. So literally what you see on these video's is what you get. We were not playing to already mixed tracks or anything. We were hitting it live man, one take a tune. So I'm really proud of the way they turned out especially considering how it was done. Big kudo's to my musicians. Their all great players.

Joe

Just a joke Joe- I was just reading (and downloading some drumless stuff to work with) some old drumless music threads and I guess the idea was fresh inmy mind. The joy of watching your talent would soon be lost if I tried play along. Sorry for the bad joke.

Keep up the good work.

Not a problem toolate. I didn't realize you were joking. lol. Anyway, if anyone has any questions at all about the tunes, gear, anything feel free to ask. thanks for all the support its much appreciated.

Joe

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the support. All the video's are up on drummerworld now so thanks to Bernhard and thanks to by far the best drum site on the net . Drummerworld!!!

all the best.

Joe

Back