JOE MORRIS BAND VIDEO'S ARE HERE

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
Ok everyone as promised my band video's are finished and finally up on you tube. They will soon be here a drummerworld too. So please have look and let me know what you think. The links are below. I listed them for every song but you can find them on my youtube page under joemorrisdrums.

1. http://youtu.be/4bdv4Wix-P4 (ST. AUGUSTINE IN HELL)

2. http://youtu.be/D5EFEH9gdKk (FUNKIN)

3. http://youtu.be/UBDYokRNkSA (CHARIOT)

4. http://youtu.be/W1NRUQuYmOU (ROOT DOWN)

5 .http://youtu.be/0nhcYUewuUs (BEMSHA SWING)

6. http://youtu.be/i36xyTAuH0E (LONNIES LAMENT)

7. http://youtu.be/8c-H1n9V6oA (CHAMELEON) IN 7

So there you have it. Let me know what you guys and girls think. Much appreciated.

Joe Morris

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Thanks for the great comment on Lonnies Lament keep it simple. That was very cool of you to say so. Hey any questions about any of the tunes, video's, gear , drum sounds etc. Just ask away. Thanks again for the kind comments. I hope some other people have a look and have some questions.

Joe

Sounded like a good session. Don't take this the wrong way, I mean zero negativity, but I liked some of those cuts perhaps more than a few of the studio cuts I heard on your site a bit back. Good energy!

Love it. Fun music to play too. Wish I were half as Good.

What kind of in-ear are you using? Stupid question but I am curious after getting a good look at it in one of the vids.

Sounded like a good session. Don't take this the wrong way, I mean zero negativity, but I liked some of those cuts perhaps more than a few of the studio cuts I heard on your site a bit back. Good energy!

No negativity taken Dr. I am confused a bit though so please clarify for me. When you say studio cuts are you talking about video or just some audio you heard on my web site or even video's here at drummerworld. I'm glad you liked it. I am just confused about what cuts your talking about.

Chameleon in 7 was kick butt... its been covered so much but it was awesome to hear a take on it like this.. great solos, great playing all round, nice sound.

Love it. Fun music to play too. Wish I were half as Good.

What kind of in-ear are you using? Stupid question but I am curious after getting a good look at it in one of the vids.

I don't think its a stupid question at all. I am using Shure E-5's with duel drivers. You can see next to each player is his own mixing board. You can just dial in your own mix, which yes means you can pump up the drums. ha!!! Any other questions are welcome.

Joe

No negativity taken Dr. I am confused a bit though so please clarify for me. When you say studio cuts are you talking about video or just some audio you heard on my web site or even video's here at drummerworld. I'm glad you liked it. I am just confused about what cuts your talking about.

Just some audio of yours i remember hearing. I can't remember if it was on your site from a link, or something you posted here... And to be sure, I'm not saying there was anything wrong with any of it, just that I liked the energy of the ones you just posted.

Chameleon in 7 was kick butt... its been covered so much but it was awesome to hear a take on it like this.. great solos, great playing all round, nice sound.

Hey Thanks much aydee!! Yea, I wanted to do something different with it. It's funny because it was quite the transition to play it in 7 and not in 4. Even the fill between is in 7 and you had to start the head on beat 2. Kudo's to the sax player Ted Belledin the guy has amazing timing. I'm really glad you liked it, I never heard it done like this and I was wondering what people would think of it so your comment is much appreciated.

Joe

Just some audio of yours i remember hearing. I can't remember if it was on your site from a link, or something you posted here... And to be sure, I'm not saying there was anything wrong with any of it, just that I liked the energy of the ones you just posted.

Ok, I was just wondering. Thanks very much for your kind comments. I'm glad your digging the new video's. Thanks again

Joe

Thanks for all the kind comments. The video's will be up on drummerworld next week. Bernhard emailed me yesterday. So if anyone has any questions please feel free. thanks alot guys and girls.

Joe

Excellent band there Joe. I really like your drumming style as well.

I have just watched all of the videos, and I must say you guys are sensational. I converted them to MP3 and put them on my Iphone. When are you touring Australia?

Thank you late bloomer. Well the audio files are to be found no where without the video so you would be one of the few people besides myself that actually just has the music.

As far as touring, I can't really say. We all do sessions together almost everyday, at least 4 times a week so we discuss much of the logistics on breaks and stuff lately. We just started considering doing some live dates a few months ago. So now that we have some product we will be hitting up some promoters and agents so see whats up. We want to do jazz festivals so we shall see. Much work ahead of us. Thanks for the kind comments

Joe

Thank you late bloomer. Well the audio files are to be found no where without the video so you would be one of the few people besides myself that actually just has the music.

As far as touring, I can't really say. We all do sessions together almost everyday, at least 4 times a week so we discuss much of the logistics on breaks and stuff lately. We just started considering doing some live dates a few months ago. So now that we have some product we will be hitting up some promoters and agents so see whats up. We want to do jazz festivals so we shall see. Much work ahead of us. Thanks for the kind comments

Joe
Yes, bands are a ton of work Joe, but I really feel you'd enjoy the experience of taking your own band to the public. Rather like driving a car you've spent 3 years restoring, as opposed to driving a rental. Totally different vibe. Good luck with the project mate, I'm rooting for you.

It's funny this thread could take a whole new turn now. I really appreciate you being in my corner keep it simple, your always a positive cat and that's a great trait. Especially when your a drummer. I am going to take the band out for sure but now that our E.P.K. is done and I can send people to look at it there are still so many issues.

I just didn't start out my career being a sideman. I was a band member. That's what I wanted to be. I wanted to be part of a unit, and part owner and writer in the music I was playing. After 2 decades of trying to accomplish that and putting up with doing the "band thing" if you will, plus playing with subpar musicians I just woke up one day and decided to go it on my own. Instead of spreading around a band press kit, I started spreading around my own. I did all the work in the bands I was in anyway. Playing in bands became a great tool for people to see me play and bam it got some tours. And ontop of all that certain people made it as hard as possible for me. The band I was in at the time were not happy for me that I got a national tour they were pissed. We were signed with Fox Management and they pulled me in and dropped me. I remember the manager saying "I dont' manage drummers, I manage bands so I am going to drop you. I was laid on guilt trip after guilt grip but you know what. The band I was in never did anything, I bet that manager wishes he kept me now. One of the other team management guys took me on and to this day is still my manager.

Moral of the story. Being a sideman is great, You don't have to deal with the BS!! But now taking out my own band I am ready to deal with the BS and I'm sure I will do fine at it. Trust me when we start traveling I will post it. I would be so proud to take my own band out. Just you know it really does come down to money. I can't take these guys out for $100 a gig nights. The funny thing is they would do it for me if I asked, but I would never ask. There is a certain amount of bread each member must make before I take the band out so we shall see if that money is out there. Its nothing crazy, it just has to be fair and worth the gig.

To be honest, if i saw our epk I would hire us. So lets hope some jazz festival people take note. Thanks for the support as always. I hope you find my little stories give out some information.

Joe

Back