Joe Morello best jazz work

Auspicious

I followed the thread about who are your top 3 drummers

And the name Joe Morello came on top more then once. Now I would like to listen to his best drumming, best albums, best jazz tracks if you have some suggestions for me.

Has I mentioned not long ago in another thread I discovered him last week, I was hooked by his soft and very sophisticated playing which is what I like the most, beautiful comping too.

The piece I listened to is gone with the wind.

If you have any other favorite pieces.

Auspicious

Ahhgg great video DJLD I really like his civilized style with wide vocabulary on the drums.

I have 2 albums of Dave Brubeck right now that I listen to, Time out and "this is jazz 3" But these old videos are a pile of gold.

It took me some time to appreciate this older style of jazz and jazz drumming, I could not understand and appreciate the substance juste 5 years ago.

I am playing it a second time right now.

Thanks for the suggestion

Roosto

Had the pleasure of speaking to Joe and his wife on the phone 35 years ago. I was after the old Joe Morello Ludw.ig drumstick 11-A hickory. He told me he didn't play them anymore, he was using the Regal Tip 5-A!

Auspicious

Had the pleasure of speaking to Joe and his wife on the phone 35 years ago. I was after the old Joe Morello Ludw.ig drumstick 11-A hickory. He told me he didn't play them anymore, he was using the Regal Tip 5-A!
Really you talk to him on the telephone heheh that's great.

You wanted to collect a pair of his sticks?

Auspicious

No, I was using them at the time but they had been discontinued.
Oh ok I think i might have a pair of Joe Morello's sticks, I'll look in my locker. I need to order sticks myself, perhaps I could sell mine to you, to finance a pair of purple Zildjians Dip 7A.

I'll check is I still have them anyways, I am pretty sure they were J.M. sticks.