Jimi Hendrix

opentune

Platinum Member
that's great, and a well done stamp too.
he did serve in the armed forces before taking up with lil' richard.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
Gonna get some, put with my Elvis stamps.

Was on a long drive hm from a gig one night listening to Coast to Coast, they had Hendrix's managers assistant on who claimed Hendrix was murdered. That show keep me awake.

mikel

Platinum Member
A true legend and innovator. I had thought, If he was still alive how might his music have developed. I am now of the opinion that his legacy is much more important than what might have been..

All the musical innovators eventually ran out of ideas, Hendrix is set in stone, I suppose because he died so young and also while he was still trying to push the boundaries.

tamadrm

Platinum Member
I was lucky enough to have seen him live at the Fillmore East and the Garden,in 68-69.A true innovator.

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Now that you brought that up Doc,I wonder if there has ever been a stamp with a drummers face on it?

Steve B

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Now that you brought that up Doc,I wonder if there has ever been a stamp with a drummers face on it?

Steve B
Mordovia and Kalmykia (both in Russia, not sure if they are countries, states, provinces, cities, whatever) had stamps with Roger Taylor and Phil Collins, respectively. I could not find any US stamps with famous drummers on them, but did find many with images of Revolution era military drummers.

Attachments

braincramp

Gold Member
Just wondering how long its gonna take for someone to get creative and come up with some DW members stamps. : )

coolhand1969

Jimmy served with the legendary 101st Airborn Division based out of Ft Campbell (10 minutes from where I live) and his evaluations as a soldier were very positive. He deserves a stamp and it is excellent looking.

tubbers

I was lucky enough to have seen him live at the Fillmore East and the Garden,in 68-69.A true innovator.

Steve B
I saw him the day he came up from Monterey Pop. He played for free in the San Francisco Panhandle and I saw him later that night at the Fillmore. Twice in one day. :^)

LSDelightful

Awesome, thanks for sharing, I'll have to get some of those. Jimi is my biggest influence musically of any other artist...I'm sure my handle wouldn't let on to that... ;)