Jazz

I think Uncle Larry can be credited with making it " the third thing best not to discuss at the family dinner table this holiday season".

Last edited:
JAZZ:
One instrument playing in the key of J, one in the key of A, and two in the key of Z.
Let's see how many rules does that violate. I can think of 2. I don't care really, it just smacks of hypocrisy, sorry. I can't let hypocrisy slide.

I think Uncle Larry can be credited with making it to the third thing best not to discuss at the family dinner table this holiday season.

Funny how people get so worked up over music like they do religion and politics. Why is that? I don't see people get so heated over movies. Or paintings. Or books (religious texts excluded). Why music? Is it such a part of our inner being that we feel the need to defend our and argue for our opinion, even though it is just opinion? I've never understood this. Even if it's music I don't enjoy, I still recognise it as music. Isn't that the important part?

I remember a "discussion" some co-workers were having about who has a better drummer, Iron Maiden or Motley Crue. Neither of these folks were drummers. It got so heated, they almost started fist fighting. This was like 1992. Ridiculous!

Reactions: TJK
Mr Polack I think it's our insane or perhaps better term innate want to be correct or acknowledged as correct. One of the reasons I had anger management issues was because of a bunch of dumb butts who didn't appreciate I'm correct LOL. Yeah that was a problem-I was wound a little too tight and a little too aggressive. I discovered it doesn't matter-you can be absolutely correct with all impunity-and lose the battle if you don't approach it correctly-then again sometimes does "being right" matter, important, or really play into an equation. Yep I was an idiot but didn't know it. Now I know it-it's all good and I'm on a level playing field with everyone else ROFL. Maybe not completely cured.

NO! YOU'RE WRONG! Haha!

Makes perfect sense. Being right probably offers some sort of personal satisfaction. Maybe there is a chemical or gene or something that makes it more exciting to some. My grandfather would argue anything. If you told him Honda was spelled H-O-N-D-A, he would tell you it's spelled T-O-Y-O-T-A just for the argument.

Let's see how many rules does that violate. I can think of 2. I don't care really, it just smacks of hypocrisy, sorry. I can't let hypocrisy slide.
And this ^ smacks of sanctimony....and I can't let sactimony slide.

A PM has so much more class....

I see ID’s , passports, and whatnot are just a click away on the other threads but all that Jazz was protected- cause Jazz is sacred as it’s distant relative metal. Least it "fills" like metal when I try and emulate Nate Smith on Skip Step on Night Owl-holy moly!

And this ^ smacks of sanctimony....and I can't let sactimony slide.

A PM has so much more class....

Thanks, I learned a new word. Santimonious means making a show of being morally superior to others.

Cool.

IMG_1386.gifEverybody loves jazz.

I don't think "sanctimonious" is the proper description-because Larry isn't making a moral equivalence. But being a "Whistleblower" a new word I've learned lately ROFL. IMG_1387.gif

I wonder what non-english speaking people think of this thread if coming across it? I know I can't fathom what it's about!

Back