ITS KILLING ME

Cottontop

I'm not sure how many of you knew, but Meinl recently added a bunch of new cymbals to their library such as Byzance Dark and Extra Dry chinas, a few new splashes, Byzance Traditional flat chinas, a bunch of SC Fusion cymbals etc.

Whats killing me is that the cymbal I'm most interested in, the Byzance Dark china, doesn't have a sound file. I'm hoping it will be up soon, but do you guys think it will be a good addition to Meinl's offerings?

I don't know why, but I've recently been very interested in Meinl.

maddrummr

Platinum Member
Yup...after noticing a few nice pies on Cymbalsonly.com I checked out Meinl's web site. There a lot of good stuff going on there.

ENRICO

Silver Member
if you are interested in bizance cymbals , I'm going to save you a lot of money with the following information :

bizance cymbals are not manufactured by mainl , they buy them from turkish manufacturers and then they stamp their logo . so when you buy a mainl bizance you are paying a lot just for the logo , if you are interested in the sound you should look into turkish cymbals such as : diril (he personally preoduced cymbals formail and paiste )
masterworks
bosphorus
istanbul

joeneau

yup,
I recently brought a istanbul cymbal second from a mate as i needed something in a hurry to replace a Zildjian K that i cracked...

Its sounds great and very very similar to the Byzance stuff my other friend plays.

while we're on the subject is bosphorus made by sonor or something?

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I've never even touched a Meinl, Bosphorus, or Agop cymbal. The big box stores near me just don't carry them, and I don't know where to listen to them. I live near Philadelphia. Can anybody help?