Its Hot!

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I am the opposite....I freaking HATE the heat. Really, anything over 65ºF is too hot for me. The only thing that gets me out in it is band camp (drumming!!!)

I get seasonal depression from May to Nov. There is nothing more depressing and deflating to me than opening up the door and walking into an oppressive wall of heat and humidity...sucks the life out of me...

will be retiring to upstate Michigan when it is time...snow, snow snow!!!
I got tired of shoveling snow. Haven't had to shovel any sunshine yet.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

I got tired of shoveling snow. Haven't had to shovel any sunshine yet.

man, I could never get tired of any part of snow!!! I just don't get the aversion to snow.

it is so weird how people are hard wired differently!!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I could never get tired of any part of snow!!! I just don't get the aversion to snow.
We are so unprepared for snow here. It's a big deal when it snows. Schools, churches, and businesses close the day before. There is lots of rural area and not many plows. The order of operations goes something like highway, main business roads, neighborhoods, county roads, dirt roads. No one here can drive in the snow either because it doesnt happen that much. Snow is basically a giant hassle here. It does look pretty though all over the trees and mountain.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

We are so unprepared for snow here. It's a big deal when it snows. Schools, churches, and businesses close the day before. There is lots of rural area and not many plows. The order of operations goes something like highway, main business roads, neighborhoods, county roads, dirt roads. No one here can drive in the snow either because it doesnt happen that much. Snow is basically a giant hassle here. It does look pretty though all over the trees and mountain.

sort of sounds like Columbus...even though we are supposed to be used to it here. We do have more snow plows etc...

We don't really get legit winters any more here. We get 6 months of muddy and 50ºF; a week of about 6" of snow that shuts every thing down, and then 6 months of 98ºF and 95% humidity...

it's pretty depressing to a Snow Dog like me

pgm554

Platinum Member
I live around Redwood City in the bay area.
There's a big sign that says US Geological survey says best weather in the US.
Unfortunately the qualty of life has been going down hill because of the very high cost of living.
If I had a decent job back around Pittsburgh,it would be Austinlavista baby!

Mr Farkle

I live around Redwood City in the bay area.
There's a big sign that says US Geological survey says best weather in the US.
Unfortunately the qualty of life has been going down hill because of the very high cost of living.
If I had a decent job back around Pittsburgh,it would be Austinlavista baby!
Redwood City and the entire Peninsula really does have the best weather. Mill Valley and most of Marin Co. is also about as nice as you can find anywhere. I grew up in the Bay Area but housing costs sent me looking elsewhere. We landed in Portland, OR where my wife grew up. It’s nice, but it’s not Redwood City.

In the 1950’s my immigrant family owned a second home in Redwood City. It was their country home. Their main residence was in San Francisco. They weren’t wealthy. They did nothing special for a living and owned two houses in two prime locations. Unreal.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Redwood City and the entire Peninsula really does have the best weather. Mill Valley and most of Marin Co. is also about as nice as you can find anywhere. I grew up in the Bay Area but housing costs sent me looking elsewhere. We landed in Portland, OR where my wife grew up. It’s nice, but it’s not Redwood City.

In the 1950’s my immigrant family owned a second home in Redwood City. It was their country home. Their main residence was in San Francisco. They weren’t wealthy. They did nothing special for a living and owned two houses in two prime locations. Unreal.
Nothing in RWC is under a million these days.
Lots of music stores around here gone tits up.
I remember when the bay area was cool,now it's closer to Singapore in culture and attitude.
Cops literally used to hide in the bushes in Palo Alto and wait for somebody to get in their car so they can grill them about not having a front license plate.
And now CA is exporting their "coolness" to Austin.

SharkSandwich

I played a two hour gig (no break) last Thursday in 106º heat. It was brutal! 🥵

Otto

Platinum Member
I'm in the Pacific NW of the US...lived here 50+years.

Aprox. +20 degree F average temp has a high death toll this year and the smoke from the dry condition fueled fires has the air rated as 'Very Dangerous' to breathe. The last 10ish years have been VERY smokey and VERY hot. Last years fires displaced around 3,000 people as fire destroyed their neighborhoods.

We are headed to breaking our all time record of number of days at 100 degree F or greater...current record is 23...today makes 22 days for this year(might not get to sustained 101 degree F but looks likely).

I am concerned that we are not taking action to get some sort of heat relief to poorer city locations and are simply shaking our heads at the death count. Issue is that we are not geared to handle temperatures usually recorded in the deserts of Arizona.

I'm alright but I consider myself privileged as i can run an air conditioning unit stuck in a window.

I'm more than a little worried about the next 5 years.

Last edited: